Network Engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of networking hardware and software. The candidate should be experienced in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, advanced network troubleshooting, security, Internet protocols and TCP/IP, and server and network infrastructure are typical job requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in a Network Engineer position
- Cisco wireless LAN controllers
- Cisco Catalyst series
Education and/or Experience:
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director, help users achieve optimum use of their computer networks by performing needs analysis, procurement support, installation, training, and problem resolution for the local and wide area networks. Responsible for configuration, operation, and administration of network server hardware, operating systems, and communications links. Define and implement solutions to integrate desktop and shared devices into local and wide area networks and/or other host-based networks. Recommend appropriate computer tools including equipment software, documentation, and training according to Rosen Standard.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Education and/or experience includes Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related and recent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience