What Does an HRIS Manager Do?
The HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining the HRIS software for an organization or company. As part of the HR team, they manage data related to employees, including recruitment, onboarding, compensation, benefits, and performance management.
In addition to ensuring that the HRIS system is functioning properly, the HRIS manager also ensures that employees are able to access and update their personal information using the system. In addition, they analyze HR data to identify trends and develop strategies for improving HR processes. In the HR department, the HRIS manager role combines the responsibilities of both an HR manager and an IT specialist, helping to manage HR data and ensure that the department functions effectively.
Are you a job seeker?
of job openings
and apply online
National Average Salary
HRIS manager salaries vary by experience, industry, organization size, and geography. To explore salary ranges by local market, please visit our sister site zengig.com.
The average U.S. salary for an HRIS Manager is:
HRIS Manager Job Descriptions
This position is responsible for providing vision, leadership, planning, project coordination, and management to develop a cost-effective human resources information system (HRIS) while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet current and future business needs within the HR organization. Responsible for collaborating with HR partners, various departments (i.e., IT), and outside vendors to develop efficient and effective processes and workflows as well as analyzing and directing all functionally related activities within the scope of the HRIS. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity and successful delivery of functional services to users throughout the organization.
- Responsible for the successful implementation, maintenance, operations, and optimization of the UKG Pro system and interfaces, as well as other non UKG systems that are parts of the overall HRIS platform, such as Recruiting/Applicant Tracking System, New Employee Onboarding System, Benefits Administration, Performance Management System, and Learning Management System
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, automation, application operational efficiency, and security
- Conduct and participate in the analysis of workflows and design of functionality and/or improvements to systems, ensuring both process and system requirements are fully identified, evaluated, tested, and implemented
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues and work with others (IT, HR partners, vendors) as needed to bring to resolution
- Assist with people data analytics and reporting capabilities, ensuring systems are optimized to reduce manual reporting
- Work cross-functionally to understand business needs and provide actionable insights for ongoing customer needs
- Work closely with payroll, compensation, and benefits team members to ensure accuracy of benefits deductions, status changes, compensation, and time/attendance related issues
- Develop end-user procedures, guidelines, and workflow documentation
- Work with leadership to ensure timely implementation and delivery of new functionality and enhancements
- Work with stakeholders to create, update and oversee processes and workflows for HRIS systems and implement timely updates as changes occur
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of HRIS and HR process/system improvement experience (UKG preferred); 3+ years of experience managing HRIS implementations/enhancements
- Must be analytical and detail-oriented with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Continuous improvement mindset and a passion for measuring results through data and metrics
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience handling sensitive, confidential organizational, department, and performance information
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
The Manager, HRIS will be responsible for the oversight of the HRIS platform and other HR related systems. Will be responsible for providing input into overall HR systems architecture, strategy, and planning. In addition, will be responsible for delivering HR data reporting and related human capital analytics. Ensure a high level of data and process integrity in the day to day use of the HRIS, facilitate end user training, and provide effective and efficient customer service to internal users.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Serve as subject matter expert and act as a key resource of HRIS system selection and implementation, deployment of new functionality, and partnering with HR functional areas on system related process work, and integration project work
- Responsible for system configuration and build work. Consult with functional users to identify best practice and strategy in configuration
- Handle HRIS Systems Support & Administration, including day to day issue resolution; ensure delivery of high-quality customer service to end users
- Drive data integrity within the HRIS and between systems; develop audit, research, and resolution processes
- Ensure data follows compliance needs and governs data mapping
- Work with our vendors to research and resource opportunities to extend and optimize HRIS usage
- Identify efficiencies through automation in the areas of business processes, integrations, and data loads
- Provide high level of analytical support on ad hoc projects or requests
- Handle reporting strategy work and ad hoc reporting requests as well as enhance metrics and dashboard build and usage
- Provide new user training to HRIS and administrative processing for HR users, including report writing training
- Partner with other team members to review training and change management needs with all projects
- Facilitate system training and communication as needed
- Maintain HRIS standard integrations and provide basic integration troubleshooting
- Identify trends or root cause behaviors for frequently occurring audit issues or integration errors
- Analyze issues, determine root causes, and problem solve in a collaborative team environment
Education and experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent from four-year college or university in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field. 5+ years of experience in HRIS, preferably in the Workday system. 5 years of Workday HCM administration experience and preferred experience with additional modules such as Recruiting Payroll, Learning, and Compensation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proficient experience with Microsoft 365 including Word and Outlook. Must have advanced knowledge in Excel, including use of pivot tables, charts, and graphs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversees and maintains optimal function of the organizations internal HR information services system, which may include database management, network support, customization, development, maintenance, and upgrades to applications, systems, and modules
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance as needed
- Collaborates to identify needed improvements and enhancements to existing information services and databases; recommends and implements solutions
- Manages permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for users
- Programs custom functions and documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and reports
- Compiles or assists with acquisition of complex data reports and/or summaries as requested
- Serves as lead representative and liaison between People & Culture, Information Services, external vendors, and other stakeholders for HR database design and implementation projects
- Ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in data management and security, HR technology, and HRIS applications
- Performs other duties as required
Required skills and abilities
- In depth familiarity with one or more HRIS platforms preferably UKG
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present complex information in an easily consumable manner
- Aptitude for statistics; report generation and analysis
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve basic and complex problems
- Familiarity with human resource policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS meets organizational needs and goals
- Project Management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel & PowerPoint) and related software
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Thorough understanding of database construction
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resource Management, Information Systems, or Business
- Minimum of 5 years of database management or directly related experience
Sample Interview Questions
- What tools or software do you use for analyzing HR data to identify trends and develop strategies for improving HR processes and procedures?
- When updating your HRIS software, how do you make sure that it remains compliant with relevant laws and regulations?
- Could you describe your experience managing HRIS projects, including project planning, stakeholder engagement, and communication?
- How do you plan to address the challenges that HRIS Managers will face in the coming years?
- What strategies do you employ to ensure that your HR system is functioning properly in terms of implementing and maintaining it?
- In what ways do you ensure data accuracy and integrity for recruitment, onboarding, compensation, benefits, and performance management?
- Have you ever had to troubleshoot an issue with HRIS software, and how did you resolve it?
- To ensure employee privacy and security, how do you ensure that employees can access and update their personal information in the HRIS system?
- Have you ever had to learn a new HRIS system and what steps did you take to become proficient with the new system?