Supervise and ensure effective delivery of computer and facilities operations services among the department, technical support, systems and programming services, facilities support, school and district clients.
- Understand and ensure the production schedules produced in BMCP control products (automated production scheduling system) are produced in accordance with the priorities defined by the Director of Computer and Facilities Operations.
- Monitor and maintain network availability of ITS systems which include Internet, Gradebook, SAP, and Portal access through the use of specific monitoring tools
- Responsible for escalating obvious issues through designated on-call procedures
- Maintain and monitor the production control schedule (BMC-Control Products for the mainframe and network)
- Release jobs for execution, monitor print and decollate missions and follows through in TSO SDSF display facility
- Perform restarts as instructed.
- Document and communicate production work load status to the following shift
- Define the cause of production failures and coordinates them with the Shift Manager and/or Systems and Programming team members
- Use HEAT help desk software to log calls and incidents into ITIL compliant HEAT help desk database
- Retrieve incident assignments to computer operations to initiate requests and resolutions
- Understand and monitor the building Alarm, Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression systems
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting HVAC temperature fluctuations inside the Network and Main Computer room areas to the Administrator of Computer and Facilities Operations
- May perform system IPL and execute systems backups, issue system commands for control of devices and application starts and stops
- Perform other duties related to general administrative responsibilities as assigned by Director of Computer and Facilities Operations
- Responsible for after-hours security of the ITS facility through the use of strategically located surveillance cameras
- May be required to participate in Disaster Recovery discussions; also assist in Hurricane readiness of the facility, Computer Room equipment and special production demands as necessary
- May be required to assist with re-opening of facilities after event
- Seven years of experience in Computer Operations with at least five years as a Manager or Senior Computer Operator directing, assigning and training operations personnel on Mainframe hardware and software platform with a conceptual understanding of network platform tools and equipment
- An understanding and working knowledge of Automated Job Scheduling Systems preferably BMCP Control Products
- Basic knowledge of new platform servers and applications would be helpful
- Must have mainframe experience utilizing JES2, MVS Language coupled with CICS and TSO applications
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms