The Automation Systems Engineer requires strong business skills and would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and modifying systems including coding, testing, debugging and installing to support all Technical Services applications.
The incumbent will consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
The incumbent will also be responsible for writing documentation to describe custom configuration of applications and operating procedures to liaison with 3rd party application development consultants.
You MUST have a working knowledge of:
- Strong PowerShell skills
- Relational database, web and client-server concepts
- Strong Operating system imaging, deployment and configuration skills (Windows / OSX / Android / IOS / ChromeOS)
- Understanding of SCCM/MDT infrastructure
- Basic networking experience (mostly Cisco switching)
- VMware vCenter knowledge is a plus but not required
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing Microsoft based systems.
- Make recommendations on custom applications which include a number of MS-SQL data capture systems for Stewardship and other databases which need to be moved into a central SQL repository (Data Warehouse).
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality issues, provide support, and troubleshoot of the Technical Services systems.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Assist when needed with 3rd party outsourced application development and programming consultants.
- Assist network administrator with application installation and testing.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing Technical Services applications to meet changing user and customer requirements.
- Analyze data contained in the corporate databases, identify data integrity issues with existing systems and proposed systems, implement recommended and approved solutions.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications.
- Provide programming and in support of all Technical Services applications.
- Provide SQL administration in live and test environments.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Verify database, data integrity, report accuracy, and subscriptions.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the IT Management to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to IT Management.
- Should have a minimum of 3 -5 years of technology experience with at least 3 years hands-on technical roles in the field and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Extensive knowledge of scripting, automation, data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience with systems, networking, databases, Web APIs, and user support.
- Good background in Data Base design in Microsoft SQL, and reporting creation in SSRS along with other technologies as needed.
- Background in PowerShell, batch, AutoIT and others as required.
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
- Working knowledge of Citrix
- Strong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
- Result oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.