Ensure that the work is performed in a safe and organized manner, complying with the quality program and the initial specifications. Essentially, to guarantee commitment to building the right way, and by the most cost-effective means while maintaining or improving the schedule.
- You will be the company representative who has the primary responsibility for all field operations, including the coordination of subcontractors’ work.
- Responsible for all field activities associated with the project, including ultimate responsibility for implementation of Safety/Zero Harm program for the job site, supervision of all field construction work by subcontractors and self-performed work
- Share responsibility with the Project Manager for developing the project budget, actively participating in the pre-construction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures
- Manage and mentor Assistant Superintendents and other field personnel
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or a related field preferred
- 7+ years of Superintendent experience (depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary)
- Demonstrate solid presentation skills and verbal/written communication skills
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting or exceeding internal and external customer expectations
- Demonstrate proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, Internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office)