When you’re looking for new talent to help your organization grow, it can be challenging to find the best people whose salary expectations fit your budget. You’re increasingly asked to do more with less in the hiring process as human resources and budgets continuously dwindle.
In the U.S., the national average hiring process length is nearly 24 days, according to Glassdoor. The report also indicates that select areas have a more extended process period, such as Washington, D.C. and Albany, NY — both of which average 33 days. Some reports, such as the 2017 Talent Acquisition Benchmarking Report from the Society for Human Resource Management, even suggest that the average time-to-fill for a position can be as long as 36 days. And, to make it even more challenging, the average cost-per-hire increased by 7% to $4,425 in that same period.
To us, it’s a blow to the gut to know that businesses face these hiring challenges. Unfortunately, we see these types of statistics every day. Because your employee workforce is the lifeblood of your organization, it’s critical to find and hire the most qualified talent while streamlining your recruitment process. We’ve outlined a few ways to make the process of recruitment and selection more efficient to speed up the hiring process without sacrificing quality:
4 Ways to Make the Hiring Process More Efficient
For a free consultation, call 407.872.1521
1. Regularly Update Your Job Descriptions
Having accurate job descriptions is essential to the recruitment process. Having clear, detailed job descriptions helps you attract the most qualified candidates for a position and eliminate under-qualified applicants during the hiring process.
Don’t wait until you have a vacancy to update job descriptions. Even when you’re not hiring for a particular position, be sure to update your job descriptions periodically. This will help to keep your records current and will simplify the hiring process when you’re ready to start again.
Professional Staffing Firm Near Me 407.872.1521
2. Review Your Hiring Process to Address Inefficiencies
When people fall into the habit of “doing what has always been done,” they don’t examine processes with a critical eye. This means that any inefficiencies that may be slowing down your hiring process will continue to hinder your organization. Potential bottlenecks can include:
- Having too many hands in the pot. This is a tricky situation to avoid. Depending on the position level, many people may want to provide input during the hiring process timeline — everything from what should be included concerning job responsibilities to how much the position will pay. Cutting down the number of people who provide input can help the process of recruitment and retention be more efficient.
- Frequency and placement of position postings. Who is posting the openings? How frequently are they posting them? How long does it take to post positions? Where are they being posted? Where did the majority of your successful candidates come from (employee referrals, your careers web page, a free or paid job listing website, social media, etc.)? An even more important question is whether you should even be posting positions at all, or are you getting the wrong types of applicants? Asking and answering these questions can help streamline the recruiting process.
- Reviewing resumes. Sorting and qualifying candidates may not be a high priority for some of your colleagues. As a result, you may find yourself sorting through a pile of unqualified candidates — or, you may be waiting for extended periods to receive any resumes from your organization’s human resources team. Establish a relationship with the individual who is responsible for handling this task to help keep the task top-of-mind for them. Provide any specific guidance you can about what you’re looking for in a candidate and reiterate your timeline.
- Complex and Lengthy Applications. If your application form is too long or convoluted, it can dissuade people from applying. Review the hiring application with a critical eye to determine whether all of the information it’s asking for is necessary, or if the application can be streamlined. Simplify the application as much as possible.
Click to contact our recruiting agency today
3. Ask Employees for Referrals
Often, the best way to source talent for a position is to look within your organization. This area of the hiring process can mean either promoting or transferring someone to another position, or it can entail having an employee refer someone they know.
Your most talented, trustworthy, and reliable employees are your most valuable resources. Ask some of these top-performers whether they know someone who would be a good fit — they may refer the perfect candidate for a specific job.
Complete a contact form now
4. Use a Staffing Agency to Aid Your Hiring Process
A professional staffing agency is a business that can help you source across all levels and openings, including c-level executives, direct hires, contract hires, and temporary employees. There are many advantages to working with a recruiting and staffing firm to find talent, including:
- Controlling costs,
- Reducing risks,
- Increasing workforce flexibility, and
- Freeing up your staff to focus on business objectives.
A high-quality staffing agency, such as 4 Corner Resources, will attract and qualify a large pool of talented candidates. As part of the process of recruiting and selection, we screen out all the under-qualified applicants, helping you fill the role while having to physically review as few resumes as possible (ideally, just one).
Partner with a Staffing Agency Today
At 4 Corner Resources, we are experts at finding people and bringing them in for our clients. As a professional recruiting and staffing firm, we serve organizations of all sizes, from the largest enterprise organizations to small and midsize businesses (SMBs) in the greater Orlando area of Florida and beyond. We offer flexible and agile direct hire, contract staffing, and contract-to-hire solutions across a wide range of industries and skill sets. As a partner to our clients, we will serve as an extension of their organizations and work to meet all of their hiring needs.
Want to streamline your hiring process to make it more efficient and effective?Contact the experts at 4 Corner Resources today!