Do you enjoy working with others and managing many essential tasks and projects? Legal firms employ more than just lawyers; key staff members like Law Firm Administrators are vital to keeping everything running smoothly.
Law Firm Administrators are responsible for helping to run the everyday functions of law firms. They impact everything from managing employees to determining workflow to welcoming new hires.
Law Firm Administrator is a crucial and rewarding position that requires focus, leadership ability, and superior people skills.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise staff and day-to-day operations
- Collaborate with Office Managers, Human Resources Specialists, and other office administrators
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels for reception, secretarial, etc.
- Assist human resources with integrating new team members
- Help plan and coordinate office functions and events
Education and Background
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field, and experience working in administration in an office setting.
Skills and Proficiencies
- Leadership abilities, including supervisory and team-building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional and courteous with a positive attitude
- Able to manage multiple tasks
- Can work with minimal guidance and oversight
According to Payscale the median annual salary of a Law Firm Administrator with
1 Year of Experience:
- Orlando, Florida: $51,000
- Tampa, Florida: $45,000
- Jacksonville, Florida: $50,000
- Miami, Florida: $51,000
- Atlanta, Georgia: $50,000
- Chicago, Illinois: $52,000
- Houston, Texas: $50,000
- Los Angeles, California: $48,000
- New York City, New York: $50,000
- Seattle, Washington: $52,000
- Overall: $49,000
5 Years of Experience:
- Orlando, Florida: $55,000
- Tampa, Florida: $49,000
- Jacksonville, Florida: $56,000
- Miami, Florida: $55,000
- Atlanta, Georgia: $55,000
- Chicago, Illinois: $64,000
- Houston, Texas: $63,000
- Los Angeles, California: $63,000
- New York City, New York: $65,000
- Seattle, Washington: $60,000
- Overall: $59,000
Similar Job Titles
The path to becoming a Law Firm Administrator starts by first obtaining a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field. It helps to achieve certification as a Certified Legal Manager to lay the groundwork to advance in a career in law firm administration.
The employee experience is expected to become more central in the responsibilities of Law Firm Administrators, as is an expanding need to multitask.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Administrative Services Managers (which typically includes Law Firm Administrators), is projected to grow seven percent through 2028. This rate is above average for overall job opportunities for all occupations.
The typical work hours for a Law Firm Administrator are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday in an office setting.
Where You Can Find Jobs
- 4 Corner Resources
- Career Builder
- Zip Recruiter
Are You Interested in Becoming a Law Firm Administrator?
We will connect you to one of our headhunters or recruiters to see if you are a perfect fit for one of our job openings. If a job opening does not suit you, we will always keep you in mind as new positions open up. We have vast experience connecting professionals with some of the most well-known organizations in the country. Your next job or career path can be right around the corner. Check out our latest job openings and our blog for career advice.
Feel free to contact us at any time.