What Does a Fulfillment Coordinator Do?
Fulfillment coordinators are professionals that help receive, process, and package orders for shipment. They also work to keep track of inventory for different products. This job requires one to have good time management skills since orders can get hectic, especially during the busier seasons, like holidays. There will be times when shipments may become delayed or cancelled and the news must be relayed to other stakeholders, so providing excellent customer service is a must in this job.
An additional duty that is key to this role is unloading trucks and interpreting work orders. Due to the record-keeping requirements, accuracy and basic mathematical knowledge are essential skills that are needed to perform this job in a timely manner.
Are you a job seeker?
of job openings
and apply online
National Average Salary
Fulfillment coordinator salaries vary by experience, industry, organization size, and geography. To explore salary ranges by local market, please visit our sister site zengig.com.
The average U.S. salary for a Fulfillment Coordinator is:
Fulfillment Coordinator Job Descriptions
Crafting the perfect job description may be the key to finding an exceptional fulfillment coordinator. To help you with your recruiting search, our team has put together some examples from past openings.
[Your Company Name] is hiring an experienced fulfillment coordinator. The fulfillment coordinator fulfills orders received by the organization. This may include packing products to be sent out, providing tracking numbers for packages, and updating records related to orders. The fulfillment coordinator should have an understanding of shipping guidelines (including state regulations) and will ideally have shipped items before. He or she should be comfortable with computers and record-keeping and also have the ability to do repetitive work for several hours at a time. You will receive orders from multiple departments within the organization. While preparing an order, you may need to enter information into a computer system. If items are being directly sent to customers, they will be packed according to the customer’s specifications. Some orders need to be picked up in person, so it will be your job to leave the office in that case. The fulfillment coordinator follows organization policies when shipping items out, including recording pertinent information.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Receive, process, and fulfill orders on time
- Answer and resolve customer questions and issues
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory counts
- Establish positive client relationships via email and telephone
- Coordinate fulfillment of special requests
Education and experience
This position requires a high school diploma or GED; employers prefer applicants with an associate degree or equivalent with coursework in business, customer service, or sales.
Required skills and qualifications
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Ability to learn supplier-specific systems and industry-specific software programs
- Excellent communication skills in writing and speaking
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously
ABC Company is looking for a Digital Fulfillment Coordinator to support our ABC Integrated Marketing and Drive Auto teams.
This entry level position will support our in-house operations teams by handling the input of data into self-service platforms we utilize to build campaigns, such as Daily Deals, Email Marketing, OTT Attribution, and other related advertising products. Fulfillment coordinators may also assist with pulling campaign reports and quotes, supporting customer service, and other office related tasks as needed.
Candidates should be organized, have an ability to multitask, anticipate a fast-paced environment, be willing to work where needed, and be flexible with day-to-day assignments.
Employees in this role will be expected to participate in on-going training and mentorship within the department, with an interest in potentially advancing into another team, such as social media, paid search, sales coordination, outreach, automotive, etc. as positions within the agency become available.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Previous internships, demonstrated school projects related to digital marketing and advertising or work experience inside of an agency or publisher
- Must be proficient on a Mac and PC
- Must be proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be interested in digital marketing and pursuing a career and growth in one of the digital marketing related fields
- Experience or understanding of Google AdWords, Google Analytics is a plus
- Experience or understanding of web design or graphic design a plus
ABC Company is seeking an Order Fulfillment Coordinator to join the Business Operations team. The Coordinator will work cross-departmentally to ensure orders have been suitably processed and received by our vendors. This position includes order entry and administrative duties with oversight into shipping and tracking of orders to ensure orders are processed in accordance with the organization’s customer service standards.
The position will work through data entry, email monitoring, reporting, and various other duties as required, to ensure the workload is appropriately dispersed and handled. Data entry skills with Excel and some customer interaction required. Salesforce and ERP experience is a plus.
- Prioritize issues in accordance with their severity and Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Participate in training for relevant technology and products including networking, hardware and mobile device management
- Interpret instructional and user documentation
- Supply to the continual improvement of team training programs, ticketing process, and standard methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- Proficiency with office software including Google products (docs, search) and Microsoft products (Excel, Word)
- Experience using a variety of operating systems with knowledge of networking, connectivity, and internet protocol
- Customer service experience in a fast-paced, professional work environment
- Experience using Salesforce software
- Ability to efficiently complete multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining acute attention to customer care and details
- Instructional and technical writing experience
ABC Company is looking for an exceptional B2B Fulfillment Coordinator to join our Americas Fulfillment Operations team. At ABC Company we strive to bring an epic music experience to life and the B2B Fulfillment Coordinator plays a major role in making that happen.
The position requires a critical thinker with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while working across various functional teams to ensure consistency and quality of the customer experience. The B2B Fulfillment Coordinator will provide exceptional service to our B2B partners, ensuring that their orders are placed and delivered to them in a timely manner.
What you’ll do
- Manage end to end order fulfillment for channel partners (Best Buy, Amazon, Costco, Audio Visual Solutions Retails, Home Installation partners, etc.)
- Processing Customer PO’s – Intake purchase orders from customers systems, confirm inventory, adjust POs as necessary based on allocation and enter into ABC Company internal systems
- Working with the planning and allocation team to secure proper inventory and allocation
- Work directly with customers to coordinate forecasts, PO’s, product availability, etc.
- Work with 3rd party warehouses to organize labor and resources to pick, pack, and ship products
- Work directly with 3rd party carriers to schedule pick ups, deliveries, and appointments
- Support and resolve vendor compliance issues such as shortages and logistics violations
- Investigate each compliance charge by analyzing proof of delivery, email chains, requested delivery date vs. actual delivery date, logistics carrier communications, etc.
- Dispute charges imposed by partners
- Follow up directly with partners to investigate and resolve specific compliance charges
- Ensure all inaccurate charges are reversed in coordination with our accounting team
- Provide exceptional end to end customer service to our B2B customers over phone and email
- Resolve any transit related issues customers may be experiencing which include; late deliveries, missing deliveries, short shipments, order cancellations, customer returns, customs issues, etc.
- Interface with the Finance team to solve any finance related issues a customer may be experiencing with their account. These can include; credit limit issues, credit holds, tax issues, freight costs, pricing issues, etc.
- Manage internal systems to ensure accurate inventory levels
- Work with planning and allocation teams to allocate proper inventory levels to our customer facing dealer portal
- Have an expert level understanding of our ecommerce platforms and being an expert on gauging the impacts of system changes
- Support inside and outside sales teams
- Act as point of escalation for account managers when a customer has an issue relating to shipment, scheduling, or delivery of products
- Work cross functionally with Logistics, Finance, Sales, Marketing and Legal to ensure customer needs are met
- Manage dealer tax certification
- Participate in projects to help operationalize new business initiatives that support the customer experience and fulfillment work flows
- Surface and drive improvements to find efficiencies in our current work flow
- Run a monthly audit to ensure dealers have a valid tax certificate on file and if not, bring them into compliance
- Process new dealer applications
- Follow up on requests from customers for dealers whose pricing is outside of our ABC Company Unilateral Resale Pricing guidelines
- Monitor dealers who are in breach of this policy and hold shipments if they do not acquiesce
What you’ll need
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria. If you don’t have 100% of the skills listed, we strongly encourage you to apply if interested.
- Operating knowledge of ERP and Commerce platforms such as Salesforce, SAP, Great Plains
- You have experience using Excel in a business environment
- 1-2 years experience in supply chain operations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Possesses a customer first approach
- Analytical thinker who can think quick on your feet to solve problems
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Candidate Certification to Look For
OSHA Safety Certification
Because fulfillment coordinators work in the warehouse, receiving an OSHA certification is extremely useful. This certification requires 40 hours of education, two years of experience, and a required test to ensure candidates follow all safety regulations.
How to Hire a Fulfillment Coordinator
There are a number of important initial considerations when hiring a fulfillment coordinator:
- Recruiting: Do you have the knowledge, tools, and resources to attract and screen candidates?
- Complexity: Do you need a senior professional, or will mid or junior-level skills and experience suffice?
- Duration: Are you hiring for a project or an ongoing need?
- Urgency: How soon does the opening need to be filled? What happens while it remains open?
- Headcount: Do you have the budget and approval for an internal employee, or should you consider alternate options?
Answering these questions will help determine the best course of action for your current hiring need. Fortunately, great options exist for every scenario. These are our recommendations:
1. Use 4 Corner Resources (or another professional recruiting firm)
The heavy lifting is done for you when working with a top-tier staffing company like 4 Corner Resources. We source, screen, recruit, and deliver only the most qualified candidate(s), saving you significant time and effort throughout the hiring process while you remain focused on your core business. Understanding your needs and ensuring the right candidate for the position is the key to our success.
This is the best route to take when:
- You need to fill the position quickly
- You want access to a vast talent pool of high-quality, prescreened candidates
- Your position is suited for temporary hiring services, contract staffing, or contract-to-hire recruiting, and you intend to direct the work activity.
- You are hiring an employee as a direct placement but aren’t able to recruit effectively or efficiently with your internal staff.
- You aren’t familiar with current salary rates, market trends, and available skill sets
2. Advertise your opening on a top job board
Your best option may be to advertise your opening on a proven job board. There are many widely used job sites out there that draw visits from qualified candidates. If you have someone internally who can dedicate the time and energy to sort through applications and screen individuals effectively, this can be a great choice.
We recommend using a job board when:
- Your internal recruiting team has the knowledge and experience to assess candidate qualifications
- You are hiring a direct employee and have time to manage the entire recruiting effort
- You have a process for receiving, screening, and tracking all resumes and applications
- You are prepared to respond to all applicants
We recommend using CareerBuilder when hiring a fulfillment coordinator:
CareerBuilder has been a trusted source for hiring since 1995. Reach 80+ million unique, diverse U.S. job seekers annually by posting your jobs through their talent acquisition channels. Through CareerBuilder, you can engage candidates and drive them into your sourcing pipeline. We recommend using CareerBuilder for hiring when you have the internal resources and processes to review, screen, and reply to all applicants.
3. Leverage your internal resources
You can utilize your own website, social media, and employees to assist in your search for top candidates.
A company website posting should be the first step in notifying prospective candidates that you are hiring. Social media can also be a powerful tool for spreading the word about your new opening. As far as exposure is concerned, this option can be as good as some job boards when you have a large enough following across various platforms, like LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter.
Current employees are every organization’s greatest asset. Encourage your internal team to promote job openings to their network by offering cash and other incentives.
We recommend these options when:
- Your brand has great name recognition
- You can consistently monitor and respond to candidate activity through your website and social media accounts
- You have a process in place to quickly and broadly communicate job openings and requirements
- You have an effective employee referral program in place
If you aren’t sure which path is best, schedule a discovery call today with our seasoned recruiting professionals. The 4 Corner team is on standby to help you find the best option for your unique hiring need.
Sample Interview Questions
- Why do you want to work as a fulfillment coordinator?
- What are some recent projects that have been most interesting to you?
- In your last position, what was the most frustrating part of the job and how did you overcome this obstacle?
- What would be your ideal work environment?
- What is your experience with shipping?
- Can you tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer?
- What was the most physically demanding job you have ever worked?
- What experience do you have with records management?
- Can you tell me about a time when your work was criticized and how did you deal with it?
- How would your former employer describe your work ethic?
- Are you comfortable working in a warehouse setting and doing repetitive tasks for extended periods of time?
- Can you commit to working a standard 40-hour week? Are there any restrictions on your availability?