Our client currently has an opening for an Email Marketing Manager to be based at the corporate office in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing all email communications via SalesForce Marketing Cloud and executing communication strategies that drive customer retention and sales growth. Candidate must have working knowledge of campaign set up and execution using SFMC. Responsibilities include managing the creation and production of customer-facing email communications with a focus on content organization, building multiple versioned email sends each week, the development of email journeys to enhance customer engagement and the overall administration of Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Additional responsibilities include the day to day management of monthly email content plan plus tracking, analysis of and reporting on email campaign results. Candidate must have organizational, analytical and technology skills with the ability to see projects through to completion, take initiative to learn new technologies and find solutions to optimize email campaign effectiveness. This position will be responsible for campaign data organization and reporting for segmentation and analysis, and will be a key contributor to strategic planning for email communications.
This position will report to the Digital Marketing Director. Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) and Email Studio experience is required. Knowledge of best practices for creating email templates, dynamic content, and audience segmentation required. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, tight deadlines and input from multiple stakeholders.
Experience with drip campaigns, deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws plus SFMC Audience Builder, Personalization Builder, Automation Studio and AMPscript preferred. Graphic design and editing capabilities in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred.
- Work with Director of Digital Marketing to develop and produce all email communications
- Collaborate with Marketing, Merchandising and FP&A to analyze customer trends/patterns to build loyalties
- Primary responsibility for SFMC email platform operational management including audience segmentation and data extensions, send production, and inbox deliverability
- Complete technical production and deployment of all guest-facing emails including but not limited to email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing (subject lines and content blocks), tagging and deployment of one-time, recurring, and dynamic content-driven email campaigns within SFMC
- Plan and execute all day-to-day email operations within SFMC to ensure all campaigns developed and deployed on time to the correct audiences
- Work within SFMC to develop, implement, and adjust campaign workflows to optimize the delivery of timely, relevant content across segments
- Manage onboarding of new e-receipts solution
- Work with Sr. Marketing Director, Director of Digital Marketing and external consulting team to build guest journeys within Salesforce using engagement segmentation and analysis
- Establish new email communication opportunities and effectively integrate audience/targeting across multiple digital channels
- Regularly report and analyze programs results while enhancing or continuously refining the program to ensure we meet guest needs
- Continuously search for new customer engagement opportunities, including enhancing or adding data points to inform communication plans
- Manage the Direct Marketing Coordinator as they assist with coordination of email communication plans, content development, communication to field, and reporting
- Email campaign set up and management as needed outside of regular business hours (occasional evenings and weekends)
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 3-5 years email marketing experience including campaign management and marketing automation
- 3+ years as a user of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) platform required
- HTML/CSS knowledge as well as experience with coding for responsive design
- Experience in SFMC Journey Builder
- Proven ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must be highly detailed-oriented and possess the ability to execute with minimal direction