Payouts In Bitcoin For Referrals

Man use smart phone pay with bitcoin

We are excited to announce a major overhaul to our candidate referral program, giving participants the option to receive payment in bitcoin (BTC). In June, Company President Pete Newsome received a resounding response to a social media poll when he asked his network to weigh in on whether or not the staffing sector was ready to embrace the digital currency.

In a survey¹ that attracted hundreds of responses the day it was posted, 69% of the respondents indicated that they would choose to receive bitcoin as a portion of their compensation if given the option. Once the results were in, Newsome committed to making it happen. On the other side of the “coin”, 31% of respondents indicated a lack of interest in receiving the cryptocurrency as payment. In just three weeks, the concept has been brought to life and officially launched yesterday. Understanding everyone is at different stages in terms of their knowledge of digital currency, and to coincide with the launch of the program on July 1, Newsome took the opportunity to send every internal company employee the book Layered Money, by author Nik Bhatia.

Pete spoke to the team about the motivation behind the changes. This is what he had to say:

“While awareness and acceptance of bitcoin continue to grow rapidly in America and across the globe, it’s still very early in terms of adoption. At 4 Corner we strive to always lead from the front, and we see this addition to our referral program as an opportunity to do exactly that. While we will continue to offer a standard cash payout, we’re excited to add bitcoin as an option for those who are interested in learning more about it, as well as those who already believe in its future.”

Summary of Key Changes to the Staffing Referral Program

  • Those earning a referral fee via the new company bonus program can now receive payment in BTC
  • The program is now open to staff and non-staff, allowing anybody to refer friends or colleagues for jobs and receive BTC as their reward
  • The referral fee has increased to $500, a 100% increase on the previous figure of $250

Emerging from the pandemic, the company has experienced exponential growth. With new strategic hires made in operations, sales, marketing, and HR, the business is on target to achieve record growth in 2021. The launch of this program further demonstrates a forward-thinking leadership team that remains tuned in and attentive to staff’s needs and perspectives.

We are a national staffing firm specializing in executive search, headhunting, direct hire recruiting, contract to hire, and temporary staffing solutions. Client’s needs are met through a highly skilled team of specialist recruiting experts, working across all sectors and specialisms for one-time or volume recruiting needs.

Resources and Sources

Pete Newsome

About Pete Newsome

Pete Newsome is the President of 4 Corner Resources, the staffing and recruiting firm he founded in 2005. 4 Corner is a member of the American Staffing Association and TechServe Alliance, and the top-rated staffing company in Central Florida. Recent awards and recognition include being named to Forbes’ Best Recruiting Firms in America, The Seminole 100, and The Golden 100. Pete also founded zengig, to offer comprehensive career advice, tools, and resources for students and professionals. He hosts two podcasts, Hire Calling and Finding Career Zen, and is blazing new trails in recruitment marketing with the latest artificial intelligence (AI) technology. Connect with Pete on LinkedIn