Time for another Q&A episode!
Candidate ghosting is on the rise, so what can you do to prevent it from happening? What steps can you take when it happens to you? Pete and Ricky share insightful information about providing each candidate a road map of the hiring process, as well as giving them an opportunity to back out.
As a candidate or hiring authority, what is the best method to build up your LinkedIn profile traffic without buying ads? From regularly posting original content to commenting on trending posts, we have some great advice for you!
We also have some bonus content for our listeners! While it is a little off topic, Ricky discusses how to cook the perfect Ribeye steak. Warning, you will get hungry!
- How To Connect With a Recruiter on LinkedIn
- How To Use LinkedIn To Source Top Candidates
- Why Job Ghosting is On the Rise
Questions of the week
How can I ensure my candidate won’t ghost me?
- Set expectations. Let the candidate know exactly what they can expect through the entirety of the interview process. Put those potential negatives out there, early and often. Give them an out.
- You are not only here to qualify candidates, but to deliver them as well. Always start by understanding the candidate’s interests before telling them about a job. Don’t make it too easy.
- Continue to assess your candidates throughout the hiring process. Look for red flags. Let people off the hook, situations change. Be willing to pay attention and act when you sense that their interest may be weighing.
I’m having a hard time growing my LinkedIn network. How can I grow it organically?
- You need to understand how the algorithm works. Like, share, and comment. Engage in conversation as much as possible in an area you’re interested in.
- Produce content. You want people to recognize you. Other people will like and share you content and you will then come up on their feeds. Produce consistently to increase engagement. The more you do it, the more people will follow you.
- Don’t feel intimidated to comment. The benefit outweighs the perceived risk, and that risk is relatively small. Share your opinions, but be sure you are passionate about the subject and really know what you are talking about first.
Episode Overview After an interview, have you questioned if you truly grasped a candidate’s capabilities? Imagine mastering your interview techniques to select the best fit for each position consistently. This episode of the Hire Calling Podcast will take you through interviewer training to ensure you hire effectively. They’re redefining the interview paradigm, emphasizing a conversational…
Episode Overview Have you fully embraced recruitment marketing? Echo Gravity’s Brian Jameson shares his insights on adapting your hiring strategy to the digital age. As a starting point, Pete and Brian discuss why the staffing industry has been slower to adopt digital recruitment compared to other industries. Afterward, they discuss the importance of maintaining the…
Episode Overview Ready to elevate your hiring game and craft an unforgettable candidate experience? In this episode of the Hire Calling Podcast, the dynamic duo Pete Newsome and Ricky Baez are back to discuss the dos and don’ts of creating a positive candidate experience. From that first digital handshake to gathering meaningful feedback, discover the…