What Does a Marketing Coordinator Do?
Marketing coordinators design, coordinate, and support various marketing campaigns and initiatives of an organization. They ensure that the marketing team is performing such activities as events, campaigns, and market research to meet deadlines and support company goals. They must be able to analyze customer purchasing behaviors, trends, and preferences, and design marketing campaigns to meet customer needs and increase brand awareness. They also produce promotional materials, analyze sales data, and track competitors.
Marketing coordinators must have excellent communication skills, a solid foundation in advertising strategies, good working knowledge of traditional and digital marketing tools, and a high level of skill with SEO/SEM campaigns. Strong computer skills, including solid working knowledge of MS Office, web analytics, and Google Adwords are needed skills. They must also have exceptional communication and presentation skills and strong leadership qualities.
Are you a job seeker?
of job openings
and apply online
National Average Salary
Marketing coordinator salaries vary by experience, industry, organization size, and geography. To explore salary ranges by local market, please visit our sister site zengig.com.
The average U.S. salary for a Marketing Coordinator is:
Marketing Coordinator Job Descriptions
ABC Company is looking for a highly motivated professional to join our team. This person needs to be highly organized and detail-oriented to keep our team running smoothly and efficiently.
What will you do as the marketing coordinator?
You will provide support to the Regional Marketing Manager and team. You will collaborate with the marketing team on projects by helping collect, compile, and/or combine documents and reports. You will prepare correspondence, emails, memos, reports, PowerPoint presentations, and other documents in a professional manner. You will manage the agenda, setting up meetings, note-taking of meetings, scheduling, and organization of business trips. Other duties as assigned.
- Order, manage inventory, and distribute marketing promotional items
- Support marketing efforts by organizing tradeshow and field day support material (creating signage, organizing booths, shipping marketing collateral, supporting Marketing Specialist in booking events, etc.)
- Collate slide presentations, distribute to appropriate stakeholders
- Know cloud-based Microsoft programs (Onedrive, Sharedrive, Microsoft Teams)
- Organize photo libraries of staff, varieties, tradeshow/field day events
You are a dynamic person who is interested in marketing and takes initiative, is flexible and can portray and promote a positive image of the company’s vision, mission, and values. You are highly dependable and a service-oriented team player. You have strong planning and organization skills. You can work independently, but you are also able to work in cross-functional teams and can connect with external vendors.
- Associate degree in business administration preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Professional, assertive, and clear communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Able to prioritize work independently
- Computer proficiency with the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Onedrive, Sharepoint, Teams)
- Some national travel required. 5-10%
- You have a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Airtable a plus
- Knowledge of Spanish a plus
- Knowledge of adobe a plus (any design software)
- Supports driving demand in the marketplace by providing a broad range of marketing activities, digital and print, focused on content creation, graphic design, email, photography, video, project management, and more to achieve marketing ROI and sales pipeline growth.
- Supports the development of content creation with internal team and external partners. Both digital and print including, but not limited to info sheets, infographics, case studies, etc.
- Works with external company to print literature and stock/manage online ordering system – monthly inventory tracking/reporting, user list management, corporate location stock, etc.
- Supports PPT creation according to branded template to support the sales team and content posting to our marketing enablement platform
- Works with internal team to execute monthly emails through automation platform and report metrics
- Partners internally and with external vendors to help manage and execute photo and video shoots at corporate locations and customer locations. Owns image library and sourcing online stock photography
- Supports corporate internal signage and executes customer logo and site location quarterly updates
- Regularly audits company profile online where applicable and monitors Google My Business for accuracy
- Provides backup support in WordPress for company website and landing pages
- Manages internal master dept spreadsheets including content, quotes, stats, awards, etc.
- Helps support ABC Company sponsored events from a graphics/collateral standpoint
- Audits Marketing SharePoint including file organization structure for team efficiency and productivity
- Supports department invoicing and works with accounting
- Researches and stays current on digital marketing trends, best practices, and technologies
- Effectively learns the business and develops, communicates, and promotes ABC Company from a B2B marketing perspective in accordance with established brand guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, PR, Business, Graphic Design, or a related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and InDesign
- Knowledge of digital marketing, graphic design best practices, principles, and software
- 1+ years of marketing experience
- Written communication skills – copywriting/editing/proofing
- Skillset in photography, video creation and editing software such as Adobe Premier Pro
- Familiar with email automation software, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
The ABC Company is seeking a Marketing Coordinator for a Food Group in (State). This person will be a key contributor to the company’s brand portfolio and have a heavy emphasis in market strategy. Previous experience within the Food/Beverage Industry is preferred, and client is offering hybrid scheduling!
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and campaigns while growing/managing in-house and client projects
- Facilitate new product development
- Manage internal packaging details, spec sheets, price lists
- Drive customer engagement and brand reputation by understanding target audience, conducting market research, and analyzing market trends
- Social Media management including website development
- Manage graphic designs and review designs for campaigns, retail displays, and media outlets
- Cross-functional responsibility with branding, promotions, and communication channels
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years related experience within Marketing and Project Management
- Previous food or beverage marketing/branding preferred
- Eye for design (graphic design experience a plus)
- Ability to manage projects across multiple departments
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Proactive self starter
How to Hire a Marketing Coordinator
When hiring a marketing coordinator, first consider the following:
- Recruiting: Do you have the knowledge, tools, and resources to attract and screen candidates?
- Complexity: Do you need a senior professional, or will mid or junior-level skills and experience suffice?
- Duration: Is this a one-time project or an ongoing need?
- Management: Do you have the time and expertise to direct the work effectively?
- Urgency: How soon does the work need to be completed?
- Headcount: Do you have the budget and approval for an internal employee, or should you consider alternate options?
Answering these questions will help determine the best course of action for your current hiring need. Fortunately, great options exist for every scenario. These are our recommendations:
1. Use 4 Corner Resources (or another professional recruiting firm)
The heavy lifting is done for you when working with a top-tier staffing company like 4 Corner Resources. We source, screen, recruit, and deliver only the most qualified candidate(s), saving you significant time and effort throughout the hiring process while you remain focused on your core business. Understanding your needs and ensuring the right candidate for the position is the key to our success.
This is the best route to take when:
- You need to fill the position quickly
- You want access to a vast talent pool of high-quality, prescreened candidates
- Your position is suited for temporary hiring services, contract staffing, or contract-to-hire recruiting, and you intend to direct the work activity.
- You are hiring an employee as a direct placement but aren’t able to recruit effectively or efficiently with your internal staff.
- You aren’t familiar with current salary rates, market trends, and available skill sets
2. Advertise your opening on a top job board
Your best option may be to advertise your opening on a proven job board. There are many widely used job sites out there that draw visits from qualified candidates. If you have someone internally who can dedicate the time and energy to sort through applications and screen individuals effectively, this can be a great choice.
We recommend using a job board when:
- Your internal recruiting team has the knowledge and experience to assess candidate qualifications
- You are hiring a direct employee and have time to manage the entire recruiting effort
- You have a process for receiving, screening, and tracking all resumes and applications
- You are prepared to respond to all applicants
There are many career sites out there. Here are the two we recommend for a marketing coordinator opening:
CareerBuilder has been a trusted source for hiring since 1995. Reach 80+ million unique, diverse U.S. job seekers annually by posting your jobs through their talent acquisition channels. Through CareerBuilder, you can engage candidates and drive them into your sourcing pipeline. We recommend using CareerBuilder for hiring when you have the internal resources and processes to review, screen, and reply to all applicants.
LinkedIn is a social network for job seekers, professionals, and businesses. With this popular job site, you can enhance your brand and advertise your open position to a wide audience of motivated, qualified candidates. Job postings on LinkedIn are also extremely streamlined and user-friendly, making it even easier for candidates to apply. Additionally, applicants can use their LinkedIn profile instead of a resume to expedite the process.
3. Leverage your internal resources
You can utilize your own website, social media, and employees to assist in your search for top candidates.
A company website posting should be the first step in notifying prospective candidates that you are hiring. Social media can also be a powerful tool for spreading the word about your new opening. As far as exposure is concerned, this option can be as good as some job boards when you have a large enough following across various platforms, like LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter.
Current employees are every organization’s greatest asset. Encourage your internal team to promote job openings to their network by offering cash and other incentives.
We recommend these options when:
- Your brand has great name recognition
- You can consistently monitor and respond to candidate activity through your website and social media accounts
- You have a process in place to quickly and broadly communicate job openings and requirements
- You have an effective employee referral program in place
If you aren’t sure which path is best, schedule a discovery call today with our seasoned recruiting professionals. The 4 Corner team is on standby to help you find the best option for your unique hiring need.
Sample Interview Questions
- What types of marketing campaigns have you run in the past?
- What are the keys to marketing success?
- What digital marketing tools are you familiar with and how have you used them?
- What metrics do you utilize to measure the effectiveness of a campaign?
- How do you deliver successful campaigns on a tight budget?
- How do you handle criticism about a brand? What do you do to turn opinions around?
- What are common mistakes in marketing?
- Which customer management software do you have experience with?
- How do you ensure all marketing deliverables are aligned with branding?
- How do you conduct a market analysis?
- What is your experience with content ads?
- How important is SEO to the role of a marketing coordinator?
- How effectively can you work under a tight budget?
- Do you have experience handling multiple campaigns simultaneously?
- What’s the most challenging project you’ve ever worked on?
- Have you ever worked on a marketing campaign that failed? What would you do differently?
- Which social media channels do you have experience using?
- What are the top ad channels for our products/services?
- How would you run a digital marketing campaign?
- What customers might you attract via social media?
- What’s the best way to gather customer feedback?