Are you someone who has a talent for all things tech? Do you have knowledge of a dialer system and how it works in a call center or customer contact center environment? Can you multitask and balance many projects and duties? If so, working as a Dialer Administrator might be right for you.
Dialer Administrators work to help ensure company call centers run as effectively and efficiently as possible. They help manage the company’s important dialer system, which routes calls, auto dials, or predictive dials outbound numbers for agents, freeing them up to do the best at their jobs.
Call centers rely on dialer technology to keep everything humming along and to maximize efficiency. As a Dialer Administrator, you’ll play a vital role in that process.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily uploads, downloads, and importing
- Ensure and document outbound dialer activity
- Analyze dialer-output data to identify potential problems and issues
- Run payment report regularly
- Create and update dialing campaigns, filter, list strategies and reports
- Monitor and adjust the performance of dialer systems
- Complete other duties as assigned
Education and Background
This position requires a high school diploma or GED; a bachelor’s degree is preferred. Also required is at least one year of experience in a call-center environment.
Skills and Proficiencies
- Knowledge and experience in using a dialer system
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level with Microsoft Excel
- Basic statistics knowledge and ability to comprehend and analyze dialer-output data
- Knowledge of auto-dialer operations and concepts
- Understand database-design principles, data structures, and optimizations
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Strong time management skills and the capability to execute multiple tasks and priorities in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
According to Payscale the median annual salary of a Dialer Administrator with
1 Year of Experience:
- Orlando, Florida: $35,000
- Tampa, Florida: $34,000
- Jacksonville, Florida: $33,000
- Miami, Florida: $35,000
- Atlanta, Georgia: $35,000
- Chicago, Illinois: $35,000
- Houston, Texas: $34,000
- Los Angeles, California: $40,000
- New York City, New York: $39,000
- Seattle, Washington: $35,000
- Overall: $35,000
5 Years of Experience:
- Orlando, Florida: $46,000
- Tampa, Florida: $45,000
- Jacksonville, Florida: $44,000
- Miami, Florida: $46,000
- Atlanta, Georgia: $44,000
- Chicago, Illinois: $46,000
- Houston, Texas: $44,000
- Los Angeles, California: $50,000
- New York City, New York: $49,000
- Seattle, Washington: $44,000
- Overall: $45,000
Similar Job Titles
The first step to becoming a Dialer Administrator is to earn a high school diploma or GED, with a bachelor’s degree preferred.
The telecom administration career path can have good opportunities for growth and advancement based on experience and performance. It is also essential to keep up with new computer, telephony, and related systems. Additional certifications and training courses can also add to a Dialer Administrator’s value and career trajectory.
As with many IT-related fields, Dialer Administrators will need to keep up with new trends and technology in the telecom industry.
According to Study.com, positions for telecommunications administrators (like Dialer Administrators) are forecast to grow at an average pace of six percent through 2026. As with many IT- and telecom-related jobs, as organizations upgrade their equipment and software, growth will likely continue.
The typical work hours for a Dialer Administrator are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday in an office setting. However, longer or different hours may, at times, be necessary.
Where You Can Find Jobs
- 4 Corner Resources
- Career Builder
- Zip Recruiter
- IT Career Finder
Are You Interested in Becoming a Dialer Administrator?
We will connect you to one of our headhunters or recruiters to see if you are a perfect fit for one of our job openings. If a job opening does not suit you, we will always keep you in mind as new positions open up. We have vast experience connecting professionals with some of the most well-known organizations in the country. Your next job or career path can be right around the corner. Check out our latest job openings and our blog for career advice.
Feel free to contact us at any time.