What Does a Social Media Coordinator Do?
To compete in the highly competitive and rapidly growing digital space, companies need experts to help foster customer relationships, build competent brand market strategies and execute meaningful online marketing campaigns.
Social media coordinators handle the specifics and nuances of online communication and outreach to clients and prospects. They review metrics, test online ad campaigns, and develop tailored campaigns to garner clicks, views, and visits from potential customers. They review and report on KPIs, study online market trends, and specialize in social media communication to reach these objectives.
These coordinators use previous campaigns and current competitors to maximize the return on investment for money spent by companies on online ad campaigns. By having a sharp eye for detail and an understanding of the data, they can effectively develop more successful strategies. They generally work as part of a larger social media or digital marketing team and should have great interpersonal skills alongside good time management and an analytical mindset.
Are you a job seeker?
of job openings
and apply online
National Average Salary
Social media coordinator salaries vary by experience, industry, organization size, and geography. To explore salary ranges by local market, please visit our sister site zengig.com.
The average U.S. salary for a Social Media Coordinator is:
Social Media Coordinator Job Descriptions
- Organize and maintain our social media content ecosystem and editorial social media calendars for the creation of fresh content that fulfills the objectives of corporate, hotel-driven marketing strategies, all upcoming promotions, events, and marketing assets to ensure proper planning and execution of assets and collateral
- Write and edit a consistent stream of fresh, clever and creative content for assigned social accounts
- Develop, brainstorm and create engaging social media content concepts for campaigns that target key audiences, engage fans and grow our social media footprint
- Prepare inspirational creative briefs and work closely with designers, video artists, and social media team to drive visually and strategically elevated content
- Ideate and facilitate creative asset production (provides asset specs, attends briefing meetings, etc.) and handles copywriting and scheduling of posts, as well as social optimization
- Establish, track and ensure adherence to launch schedules, campaigns, and marketing objectives
- Maintain repurposing posting process and syndication schedules set by director/manager to ensure proper formatting, context, and delivery for each social media channel
- Work with manager to execute our UGC advocacy marketing platform strategy while finding new ways to level-up our marketing efforts to reach new guests, engage both current audiences and team members
- Be a creative collaborator and have the ability to be the voice and influencer of the ABC Company brand to create content that is authentic and powerful for both channels
- Constantly experiment and remain adaptable to weekly/monthly trends, changes in algorithms, and identify opportunities for storytelling within marketing campaigns and real-time events
- Support regular reporting of content across channels and leverage insights to create and execute monthly content that aligns with business unit priorities/goals and implement learnings to optimize content
- Adhere to the social media guidelines as defined by the brand to ensure posts are published with attention to detail, no errors, and with a keen eye toward protecting the brand
- Work with manager to plan visits to properties to collect/record social content and attend events to produce live social media content as needed
- Create behind the scenes content, take/edit pictures and videos, and help the social media marketing and creative teams
- Participate in daily audience engagement, direct messages, commenting and reposting as the brand
- Assist social team with influencer campaigns, company events, and tentpole activations
- Ownership of social media content seeding efforts with ongoing collaboration with brand ambassadors across the company
- Contribute to the company-wide social media newsletter
- Other duties assigned as needed
- 3+ years of experience in content development, scheduling and copywriting for social media channels with deep knowledge of LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest, etc
- Innovative and forward thinking, keeping up with the latest in digital/social media trends and platforms, plus proactively incorporating new ideas, and/or emerging platforms
- Self-starter, highly organized and loves to create. Must be able to tell a story through photo/video
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a proven track record of driving high-performing creative content
- Excellent project management skills and can juggle multiple projects while communicating honestly about timelines, challenges and questions
- Meet tight deadlines, pivot directions when necessary and manage multiple projects at once while adhering to established timeframes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passion for marketing and personal development
- You’re not thin-skinned or overly attached to your ego. You’re focused on finding, developing, and executing the best ideas to get the best results
- You do whatever it takes and the phrase “that’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You’re a born GO-GETTER and are always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, build others up, and drive results
- You have a curious, efficient, and solution-oriented mindset with a strong level of independence and efficiency
- You are flexible, energetic, adaptable, reliable, and self-motivated
ABC Company is partnering with their outdoor apparel client to find them a Social Media Coordinator to join their team in this contracted position. This candidate must be local to the (City) Area to participate in the hybrid work model. Brief details are below.
- Pull reports/data into spreadsheets (analytics)
- Respond to recurring DMs/comments with canned responses, direct people to Fan Services, Like positive comments, and help keep up engagement
- Escalate critical or negative comments/requests
- Help identify super fans, potential influencers, and trends in conversation/requests to pass along to Social lead
- Coordinate communication around shoe shipments, tracking status, and seeding pairs
- Assist with delivering files to/from Dropbox (if needed)
- Find examples and take screenshots for presentations (if needed)
- Marketing/Social Media experience (min. 1 year)
- A strong customer service focus
- Must be a self-starter, excited about working in a fast paced, dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated experience working with and juggling multiple priorities and assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Ability to travel to various locations within the (City) area
- Bonus (not required): familiarity with Sprinklr or GRIN
ABC Company is currently seeking an innovative, passionate, and goal-oriented full-time Social Media Coordinator to join our team in (City, State). This role will play a critical role in executing ABC Company’s 2022 marketing strategy and strengthening ABC Company’s brand presence.
You’ll gain hands-on social media marketing experience, sharpen your brand strategy prowess, and work with a cutting-edge company full of enthusiastic, hardworking people. At ABC Company, we strive to empower everyone with the knowledge they need to reach their full potential — and we need your help to make it happen.
- Managing ABC Company’s social media channels: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Collaborating with our TikTok Coordinator to grow our TikTok presence and content
- Planning, coordinating, and executing ABC Company’s social media marketing strategy
- Planning, coordinating, and executing B2B social calendar posts for financial institutions and other partners
- Collaborating with the content team and growth team to find influencers/potential partners to work with
- Working with other teams at ABC Company to ensure our social media marketing strategy is aligned with our total brand strategy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of previous marketing experience (preferably within a start-up)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing multiple social media channels
- Experience with and passion for social media content creation
- Strong knowledge of social media best practices and trends
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Excited to join a fast-growing, fintech startup
Sample Interview Questions
- What has been your most successful social media campaign? What role did you play in its success?
- Which social platforms do you have experience with on behalf of a brand or business account?
- What scheduling tools and applications have you used?
- Can you tell us about a time when your campaign wasn’t as successful as you’d hoped it would be? What did you do differently after?
- What’s your favorite social media platform to use, and why?
- How do you stay ahead of the curve with social media trends and best practices?
- Which social media platforms would you say are the best for our business? And why?
- What are your strategies for prioritizing and managing your social media tasks?
- What would you say your strengths are as a marketer?
- Can you tell me about your process for creating ads?
- How do you manage to stay on top of the current trends?
- How would you increase awareness of our brand?
- How do you identify which audience to target?
- Can you tell me about a time when you had to manage a social media crisis?