What Does a Marketing Associate Do?
Marketing associates are responsible for managing the daily administrative tasks of a marketing department. They support the senior marketing staff to ensure the department runs smoothly. Typical duties include conducting market research to identify new revenue opportunities, analyzing consumer behavior, and building solid marketing campaigns. They may also maintain marketing reports on sales metrics, assist in organizing promotional events, and help create advertising material. Monitoring competitors and preparing sales forecasting reports are other common responsibilities.
A marketing associate should have strong knowledge of marketing digital tools and techniques as well as a good understanding of SEO/SEM campaigns. They must have good computer skills and be familiar with MS Excel, web analytics, and other digital marketing tools. Exceptional written and verbal communication, excellent presentation skills, and an analytical mind are needed skills for this position. People and interpersonal skills are also very important for marketing associates.
Are you a job seeker?
of job openings
and apply online
National Average Salary
Marketing associate salaries vary by experience, industry, organization size, and geography. To explore salary ranges by local market, please visit our sister site zengig.com.
The average U.S. salary for a Marketing Associate is:
Marketing Associate Job Descriptions
When it comes to recruiting a marketing associate, having the right job description can make a big difference. Here are some real world job descriptions you can use as templates for your next opening.
We are searching for a dedicated marketing associate that will lead and oversee the marketing department. As the marketing associate of [Your Company Name], you will create marketing strategies and develop marketing campaigns. The most important part of being a successful marketing associate is the ability to assess and provide excellent customer service. If you are dedicated to quality customer service and being creative in the workplace, our company is the perfect place to work for you.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Manage daily administrative tasks
- Prepare reports
- Collect customer behavior data
- Analyze and interpret customer behavioral data
- Manage market research data
- Assist in the organization in promotional events and activities
- Monitor and report competitor sales and marketing activities
Education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business
- One to three years of experience in marketing, business, or similar field
Required skills and qualifications
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or business
- Excellent analytical skills
- Deeply creative
- Strong problem-solving skills
ABC Company is looking for a bright and enthusiastic person to conduct our marketing efforts. As a Marketing Associate, you will shepherd a variety of project types in a team environment, collaborating closely with executive leadership, photographers, product designers, and project managers. You will drive marketing campaigns and content production for an established company whose clients are the world’s most respected architects, lighting designers, and interior designers and whose product is of the finest locally-made quality.
- Excellent communication skills, especially clear writing
- 3-5 years of experience in strategizing, planning, and executing marketing campaigns
- Fluent in Adobe Suite and/or other digital design tools
- Strong interest in the world of luxury craft and design
- Highly organized, polite, and personable
Not necessary, but nice:
- Background in architecture, design, or luxury goods
- Experience with task management platforms (Salesforce, Asana, etc.)
- Experience with Shopify platform
Your duties will encompass, but not be limited to:
- Produce yearly and quarterly campaign plans based on sales data, collaboration with leadership, and market research
- Articulate and consistently develop social media strategy
- Produce high-quality and engaging multi-modal marketing content (social media, print/magazine advertisements, MailChimp newsletters, etc.)
- Engage with clients on social media platforms, namely Instagram
- Document and continually refine procedures related to marketing asset production and organization
- Assist in special event strategy, planning, and execution
- Produce items for sales support (templates for client presentations and decks)
- Produce or refine editorial content on the company website
- Desire and ability to do whatever is necessary to deliver high quality work on deadline
We are looking for a dependable, client service-oriented marketing associate with excellent communication, time-management, organizational skills and a background or interest in financial services or investment management. The marketing associate can expect to work cross-functionally with our team by creating copy, social graphics, and emails, working directly with top clients across the finance sector, while also following necessary marketing trends.
- Supporting the marketing team
- Creating marketing emails
- Knowledge of finance trends, specifically in Private Equity, ESG, Alternatives, or Institutional Investment spaces
- Writing and proofreading press releases
- Helping to plan events, projects, and campaigns
- Reporting on research findings
- Helping to create proposals and presentations
- Conducting financial market research
- Helping to run social media accounts
- Communicating with clients and maintaining good relations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related fields
- Experience in marketing, preferably finance
- Excellent marketing and administrative software skills
- Excellent people skills
ABC Company is looking to hire a Marketing Associate who will be working closely with our Director of Marketing to develop and implement marketing plans and strategies for our brand. As a successful hire, you will be tasked with helping identify marketing trends and opportunities for growth, as well as creating marketing materials. They will develop persuasive, strategic, innovative, and customer-centric copy for all marketing channels to build brand awareness.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director and internal team on marketing strategy
- Create marketing materials such as blog posts, white papers, case studies, and presentations
- Write, edit, and ensure all copy is consistent to brand and optimizes SEO
- Maintain and update the CRM
- Develop and send targeted email campaigns (lead generation and nurturing campaigns)
- Provide administrative support to the marketing and sales teams
- Prepare, format, and edit a range of documents
- Understand company product and brand
- Update the website as necessary
- Own social media strategy
- Implementing channel partner and other marketing strategies
- Support event activities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field
- 3 years B2B marketing experience required
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Hubspot or similar marketing platforms preferred but not required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
Candidate Certifications to Look For
- Professional Certified Marketer: Professional Certified Marketer certification is the most famous of the AMA which will differentiate a candidate’s spot in the marketing field. Hones their knowledge and proves expertise in specific marketing areas.
- Certified Sales Professional: Certified Sales Professional provides information about sales strategies and will allow candidates to master the ability to move their buyers and customers through the sales process easily and effectively. This certification is the foundation for sales and marketing professionals. It is made by the National Association of Sales Professionals.
- Digital Marketing Certification: This certification is the ability to be certified by the Digital Marketing Institute and the American Marketing Association. The program focuses on social media marketing, website optimization, and publishing content.
- Microsoft Advertising Certification: For digital marketing, this certification is free and will make candidates look more appealing to potential employers, which can conform to their marketing experience.
Sample Interview Questions
- Why did you decide to pursue a career in marketing?
- Can you tell me about your marketing experience and responsibilities?
- Which marketing channels have you used in the past, and which ones are most comfortable for you?
- What are the latest marketing trends and developments you follow?
- What was your role in a successful marketing campaign you worked on?
- What metrics do you use to measure the success of a marketing campaign?
- What strategies have you used to engage specific segments of your customers in the past?
- In your opinion, what are the key elements of an effective marketing message?
- How can you ensure that your marketing campaigns align with the business goals of others, such as sales or product development?
- What are the biggest challenges marketers face today, and how do you overcome them?