What Does a Marketing Assistant Do?
A marketing assistant is a professional who helps with developing marketing collateral and strategies. Usually an entry-level job, marketing assistants will help those higher up in the marketing department plan and execute campaigns. This role requires someone who is knowledgeable about trends in the marketing industry and is comfortable with digital tools and social media.
In this role, a marketing assistant researches market trends and compiles that information into reports. The assistant may also monitor customer responses to active marketing campaigns for needed adjustments, brainstorm ideas for future campaigns, and work closely with creative or artistic departments. Marketing assistants must have excellent organizational, time management, communication, and technical skills.
Are you a job seeker?
of job openings
and apply online
National Average Salary
Marketing assistant salaries vary by experience, industry, organization size, and geography. To explore salary ranges by local market, please visit our sister site zengig.com.
The average U.S. salary for a Marketing Assistant is:
Marketing Assistant Job Descriptions
ABC Company is seeking a marketing professional to work collaboratively with and assist the marketing leads to prepare winning proposals, design marketing materials, and engage in social media outreach.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist marketing and technical leads in the proposal process
- Create new and exciting graphics, proposal layouts, and marketing materials for the company
- Manage social media and company outreach
- Collaborate with marketing lead to track and organize proposal data
- Attend weekly marketing meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Business, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-4 years of experience in marketing or another related field
- The planning, preparation, and development of architectural and engineering proposals, as well as qualifications packages for government and private clients is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to focus on details and on the big picture
- Effective decision-making skills
- Time management skills: ability to meet strict deadlines
- Exceptional writing, editing, and document organization skills
- Familiarity with the AEC industry is preferred
- Familiarity with regional and local proposal submission requirements is preferred
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Updated knowledge of social media platforms such as YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram
The Marketing Assistant role will be responsible for day-to-day marketing tasks to support the marketing team on all volume generation efforts for new and existing practices, including physician and provider launches and new treatment launches. This role will report to the Marketing Coordinator. The primary responsibilities of the role are listed below:
- Completion of daily administrative and organizational tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the marketing department’s activities and campaigns
- Support and assist with the execution of new practice, new provider, and new treatment/service line launches and ongoing volume generation initiatives
- Create and update project boards in project management platform
- Assist with managing all marketing projects and deadlines
- Create meeting agendas and take notes during meetings with clear action items and timelines
- Manage requests from practices via project management board and assist with communication and execution
- Update and maintain annual omni channel marketing calendar
- Collaborate with external copywriter to provide reference materials and deadlines for blog articles, press releases, etc.
- Assist with managing local marketing activations including sponsorships, events (including set up and attendance), and business partnerships; collaborate with practice teams and regional manager to ensure prompt delivery of materials and assist with pre and post event project management and ROI tracking
- Record, track and update marketing initiatives within Salesforce
- Assist with approval and coding of marketing invoices
Marketing Materials Management
- Work with outside vendors on signage, direct mail, printed materials, and branded merchandise
- Efficiently communicate with vendors, obtain and present costs, ensure adherence to brand guidelines, proof materials, and project manage initiatives
- Keep promotional materials ready, accurate, and up to date by coordinating requirements with our graphic designer, inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipts; partner with multiple vendors as needed
Reporting and Analytics
- Assist with monthly reporting of campaigns and support reporting requests on volume and ROI as needed
- Work with internal teams to assist maintaining analytics dashboards to track marketing performance, ROI, and practice capacity
- Monitor competitors by region on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field
- 1-5 years marketing experience
- Strong written and oral communication including copy writing, proofreading and editing of marketing collateral
- Must be extremely detailed oriented, with exceptional organizational and project management skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent collaboration skills with a service-minded approach and ability work independently on prioritized tasks
- Ability to accept constructive feedback, demonstrate positive attitude, and pride in workmanship
- Ability to work cross-functionally with corporate department leaders
We’re a vibrant customer acquisitions marketing firm, supporting a range of well-known charities in (City, State). We specialize in increasing brand awareness, representation, market share, and revenue via event-based customer acquisition.
Currently, we are looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our marketing team to assist with a new client in the (City, State) area.
Responsibilities and key tasks
- To carry out marketing task independently and within a team
- To assist in customer relations by maintaining excellent customer service at all times, including an up to date knowledge of our clients products and services
- Distribute and discuss marketing products on behalf of our charity clients
- Document new donor and customer information
- Assist with the setting up of new donors
- Promoting client’s services at our events
- Enthusiastically interacting with customers and donors
- Creating positive brand awareness for our charity clients
**Although previous marketing experience will not be overlooked, it is not a necessity for this position as full marketing training will be provided for the right candidate. Unfortunately, we do not provide sponsorship for roles at this time**
The strong musts are:
- Over the age of 18 years old
- Eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship
Some additional nice to haves are:
- Proven customer service or marketing experience would be a bonus
- Good time management and communication skills
- Ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Ability to multitask, prioritize your tasks
Sample Interview Questions
- Are you familiar with bespoke marketing campaigns?
- Tell me about your experience with online and mobile marketing.
- Have you ever been in a position where you had to deal with complaints and criticisms on a company’s social media account? Tell me about it. Would you handle anything differently in the future?
- What is the difference between marketing and sales?
- What strategy do you use to stay on top of deadlines?
- What made you choose a career in marketing?
- What are the criteria for good marketing material?
- How would you use social media to enhance a brand and win more business?
- Do you think offline marketing is a dead industry?
- What is your favorite marketing campaign and why?
- What strengths do you possess that will help you excel in the role of marketing assistant?
- Given the chance, what changes would you make to our company’s recent marketing campaigns?
- What kind of buyers do you think our services/products attract? How would you reach them?
- Which social media platforms are you most familiar with?
- How would you manage the launch of a new product?
- What steps do you take to ensure that you stay on top of the latest marketing trends and techniques?