What Does a Call Center Data Entry Specialist Do?
Call Center Data Entry Specialists love working on computers and talking with others. These data entry specialists work with customers to gather personal information or inform them about certain company offers. To be successful in this role, workers need to have excellent communication skills and previous data entry experience.
Call center data entry specialists are primarily responsible for supporting inbound customer service representatives by handling inbound inquiries, assisting callers with questions about the company or products, or troubleshooting basic technical issues. As they deal with potential customers will need to be precise in their work and ensure the data they sort and file are stored accurately. This career choice can also offer advancement opportunities to be promoted to supervisors or managers in the call center.
Are you a job seeker?
of job openings
and apply online
National Average Salary
Call center data entry specialist salaries vary by experience, industry, organization size, and geography. To explore salary ranges by local market, please visit our sister site zengig.com.
The average U.S. salary for a Call Center Data Entry Specialist is:
Call Center Data Entry Specialist Job Descriptions
The first step when hiring a great call center data entry specialist is a well-crafted job description. Below are real-world examples to help give you the best chance of success on your recruiting journey.
Data entry specialists are the link between paper information and computer data. Data entry specialists take information from different locations that is written down, such as cancelled checks, bills, reports, or other information, and enter it into an electronic datasystem for storage and analysis.
In addition to being the best in the business when it comes to customer interactions, you will need to be confident, fully engaged, a team player, and dedicated to bringing a positive and enthusiastic outlook to work each day.
- Perform all data entry related tasks including sorting, proofing, updating, mailing, and storing
- Maintain data files accurately
- Compile, sort, verify, and correct data to be entered
- Review data for completeness and accuracy
- Contact authors of source documents to address data inconsistencies and to gather missing data
- Manage filing and routing of source documents after entry
- Maintain records of work completed
- Update data in appropriate databases in accurate and timely manner so as to avoid backlogging
- Establish data naming standards and consistent data definitions to improve overall data quality
- Process and resolve data inquiries by searching and reviewing the databases
- Enter and update files into Excel spreadsheets
- Perform administrative duties such as operating office equipment or data filing as required
- Attend meetings and training and review all new training material to stay up-to-date on changes to program knowledge, systems, and processes
- Adhere to all attendance and work schedule requirements
It’s about building relationships and turning the knowledge you gain in training into customer wins. Data Entry Specialists make a difference to customers and the company, providing phone customer service, and Administrative support. We provide all new employees with world-class training, so all positive, driven, and confident applicants are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates for this position are highly motivated, energetic, and dedicated.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with data-entry utilizing a computer
- Prior experience handling data entry responsibilities or equivalent experience in a related field
- The ability to read and speak English fluently
- Have a wired, high-speed internet connection (Download speed of 20Mbps+)
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- The ability to type swiftly and accurately (30+ words a minute)
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Highly reliable with the ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- The ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues
- An aptitude for conflict resolution, problem solving, and negotiation
- Must be customer service oriented (empathetic, responsive, patient, and conscientious)
- Ability to multitask, stay focused, and self-manage
- Strong team orientation and customer focus
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity are prevalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with your team and customers
Preferred (not required)
- Associate’s degree, or bachelor degree in business, administration or related field
- State or Federal work experience
- 1 year of customer service or customer support experience
- 1 year of previous call center or office background experience required
- Technical savvy
- Previous remote work from home experience a plus
- Quick learner and able to work independently
- Type 35 words per minute accurately
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening
- A background check applicable with state and federal laws is required
- Must have verified internet service(secure, reliable and dedicated high speed is required to support business needs) and an established dedicated work area (desk, chair, electrical outlet, direct LAN connection.) Company will provide equipment
- Manage large amounts of inbound or outbound calls in a timely manner
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Access company and client resources provided to accurately handle the call
- Perform Data Entry and Customer Service skills
- Be able to navigate on-line efficiently
- Work requests/records received for those requesting to sign up for a shift
- Identify customer’s needs, research to see if request has credentials needed
- Skillfully change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Be available at your desk, maintaining punctuality and attendance at all scheduled times
- Remain positive and professional in all customer interactions
- Flexibility to cross train as requested
Sample Interview Questions
- What is your typing speed?
- Can you explain how you ensure accuracy in your work?
- Tell me a challenge you have recently faced with your work. How did you overcome it?
- Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.
- Have you ever worked in data entry before?
- What relevant work experience or certifications do you have?
- Are you able to follow data input instructions accurately and quickly?
- Are you able to stay focused during repetitive tasks which are often required when entering data?
- What software and applications are you the most comfortable using?