What Does a Brand Ambassador Do?
A brand ambassador is responsible for raising brand awareness and representing the brand to specific customers to increase sales. They create awareness of the brand and assist in creating sales opportunities for the brand. Brand ambassadors may plan and work at trade shows, public awareness programs, or other locations where they can expose the brand to targeted customers. They may also do all of this virtually, so it’s important for them to be familiar with various social media platforms and how to best reach their target audience.
A brand ambassador should have a deep understanding of the brand they represent, as well as excellent communication skills to explain the brand in detail to targeted customers and answer any questions they may have. Brand ambassadors work closely with sales and marketing teams to ensure the brand is meeting the goals and objectives of the company. Travel is typically required in this role to expand the reach of the brand and engage with a wider audience. Brand ambassadors should have excellent networking skills, people skills, and must have a well-established social media presence.
Are you a job seeker?
of job openings
and apply online
National Average Salary
Brand ambassador salaries vary by experience, industry, organization size, and geography. To explore salary ranges by local market, please visit our sister site zengig.com.
The average U.S. salary for a Brand Ambassador is:
Brand Ambassador Job Descriptions
We are looking for a face-to-face Brand Ambassador to provide first-class customer service while generating consumer leads for our top clients. We take pride in leading with integrity and hard work while genuinely helping customers find the best products and services for their specific needs. We use these aspects to promote our qualified candidates into leadership and training positions within the company. At our firm, we specialize in providing promotional marketing campaigns, retail brand representation, and new customer acquisition for our clients.
- 1-3 years of customer-focused roles, leadership, and teamwork experience
- Experience in marketing, promotions, and sales is a major plus!
- Ability to be adaptable to almost any situation
- Great people skills and outstanding at building relationships
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Provide first-class customer service
- Stay up to date on client products and services
- Participate in daily trainings and collaborations with team members
- Represent the company and client by exhibiting professionalism at all times
We are currently looking for Event Brand Ambassadors to join our innovative, growing company. These positions are responsible for engaging consumers at our client event, providing engaging and exciting brand experiences and ensuring guests in attendance have a memorable experience.
The Brand Ambassadors will
- Engage with consumers and increase brand awareness
- Provide memorable experiences providing demonstrations of our client product
- Collect qualitative feedback from consumers
- Convey brand messaging to consumers
- Attend paid training sessions prior to event
- Wear required uniform at all times
- Maintain a clean and neat environment
- Act as a greeter helping control lines and guest traffic in the event space
- Be the expert on customer service and brand ecosystems to step into new worlds
- 3+ years experience in high touch customer facing retail/event space environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Outgoing and friendly personality to engage the target audience
- Previous product demonstration experience required
- Access to a reliable source of transportation
- Effective communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with any of the larger consumer electronics stores technology
- Demonstrates passion for leading edge technology and product solutions
ABC Company is seeking a part-time Brand Ambassador who will act as the face of ABC Company at various marketing events around the city. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who is positive, confident, outgoing, personable, and well spoken. You’ll enjoy being in front of customers and sharing our brand mission while in the field. Our Brand Ambassadors will be needed at various times including weekday mornings, evenings, and also weekends.
- Positive, sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
- Communicative, able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness
What you’ll do
- Staff local public and private events hosted by ABC Company and other partners
- Communicate success stories, key learnings, and other activities to marketing team
- Assist in the setup and breakdown of events
- Willingness to work weekday mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
Bonus points if
- You have experience with events
- You feel passionate about ABC Company and our mission
- Your sense of humor shines through, even if under stress
- You have political canvassing experience
Sample Interview Questions
- What is the best way to attract potential customers at a promotional event?
- Can you give an example of a time when you increased sales for a particular product or service?
- Who is our target audience and how would you engage them?
- Can you give an example of an online media campaign you successfully implemented?
- What skills can you bring to this role?
- Can you describe your online presence and experience with social media, both professional and personal?
- Are you able to travel frequently?
- How do you make a great impression on a potential client?
- How would you convince a hesitant potential customer to become a customer?
- What is the main thing you need to accomplish in every potential customer interaction?
- Do you have experience working in trade shows and other marketing events?
- How much time are you able to spend on social media activities per week to generate leads for our company?
- Who are your top three favorite brands and what do you like about their marketing?
- What are the top qualities of a brand ambassador?
- Have you ever collaborated with influencers on a brand awareness campaign?
- What marketing tools are you familiar with to analyze sales or click-through rates?
- How do you keep an audience interested when giving a presentation?
- How would you measure the success of a campaign for one of your clients?
- What’s your favorite marketing channel and why?
- How knowledgeable are you on video marketing? What are the best video marketing strategies?