Salesforce Administrators specialize in managing Salesforce’s suite of products. Salesforce is the world’s most popular customer relationship management (CRM) software, used by many large corporations. A Salesforce Administrator identifies, develops, and expands new business processes while working closely with co-workers, functional leaders, and Salesforce experts. Through this role, Salesforce Administrators serve as not only Salesforce analysts but also as administrators and technical project managers. Perhaps most importantly, they act as the point of contact for all users within their company, available to answer questions and troubleshoot problems.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle all fundamental Salesforce administrative functions including routine tasks such as user account maintenance and workflows
- Carry out regular internal Salesforce system audits and upgrades
- Work with the management team to determine appropriate Salesforce processes
- Grow the Salesforce skillset throughout the organization, and facilitate the training of new users
- Act as a liaison between Salesforce users, vendors, and application development teams
- Work independently with members of the community to establish and form development requirements
Education and Background
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, plus a minimum of two years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator. Most important is to have official certification from Salesforce. The company offers several levels of certification for administrators. Preparation and registration information is available on the Salesforce website.
Skills and Competencies
- Expertise in Salesforce
- Proven project management ability
- Excellent at meeting deadlines
- Innovative and analytical thinker with solid problem-solving skills
- Proficient in written and verbal communication
- Ability to assess information from multiple sources and resolve conflicts
According to Payscale the median annual salary of a Salesforce Administrator with
1 Year of Experience:
- Orlando, Florida: $75,000
- Tampa, Florida: $80,000
- Jacksonville, Florida: $60,000
- Miami, Florida: $85,000
- Atlanta, Georgia: $80,000
- Chicago, Illinois: $95,000
- Houston, Texas: $94,000
- Los Angeles, California: $83,000
- New York City, New York: $80,000
- Seattle, Washington: $78,000
- Overall: $82,000
5 Years of Experience:
- Orlando, Florida: $83,000
- Tampa, Florida: $90,000
- Jacksonville, Florida: $84,000
- Miami, Florida: $95,000
- Atlanta, Georgia: $90,000
- Chicago, Illinois: $101,000
- Houston, Texas: $104,000
- Los Angeles, California: $114,000
- New York City, New York: $101,000
- Seattle, Washington: $104,000
- Overall: $98,000
- Systems Administrator
- CRM Manager
- Sales Support
- Sales Administrator
- Marketing Administrator
- Business Analyst
- Systems Analyst
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, plus a minimum of two years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator. Job candidates also need official Salesforce certification. Salesforce Administrators can further their careers with advanced certification, real-world experience, and proven leadership abilities.
According to the industry website Salesforce Integration, one trend that will affect all IT sectors in the near future, including Salesforce Administration, is the increasing use of digital technology. This transformation is happening quickly, as most IT administrators have already integrated wearable technology or plan to do so in the next year. Technology has the power to open up new opportunities by connecting those who are unconnected. Another growing trend is the use of APIs (Application Programming Interface). The world is continuing to expand digitally, providing access to applications and content on our devices. APIs allow this expansion to happen by connecting companies who offer these services right to our devices.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Salesforce Administration field should grow by five percent between 2018 and 2028. This growth rate is as fast as average.
The typical work hours for a Salesforce Administrator are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in an office setting.
Where You Can Find Jobs
- 4 Corner Resources
- Career Builder
- Zip Recruiter
- Salesforce Jobs & Careers
Are You Interested in Becoming a Salesforce Administrator?
Here at 4 Corner Resources, we will connect you to one of our headhunters or recruiters to see if you are a perfect fit for one of our job openings. If a job opening does not suit you, we will always keep you in mind as new positions open up. We have vast experience connecting professionals with some of the most well-known organizations in the country. Your next job or career path can be right around the corner. Check out our latest open positions and our blog for career advice. Feel free to contact us at any time.