4 Corner Resources is looking for a Nurse Care Manager located in the New York City area.
- Advocates, informs, and educates beneficiaries on services, self-management techniques, and health benefits.
- Conducts assessments to identify barriers and opportunities for intervention.
- Develops plans of care that align with the physicians treatment plans and recommends interventions that align with proposed goals.
- Generates referrals to providers, community-based resources, and appropriate services and other resources to assist in goal achievement.
- Collaborates with provider doctors, social workers, discharge planners, and community-based service providers to coordinate care accordingly.
- Coordinates and facilitates with the multi-disciplinary health care team as necessary to ensure care plan goals are achieved and maximize member outcomes.
- Assists in identifying opportunities for alternative care options based on member needs and assessments.
- Evaluates service authorizations to ensure alignment and execution of the members care and physician treatment plan.
- Documents all encounters with providers, members, and vendors in the appropriate system in accordance with internal and established documentation procedures; follows up as needed; and updates care plans based on member needs, as appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal and assessment skills
- Knowledge and experience with the current community health practices for the frail adult population and cognitive impaired seniors.
- Experience managing member information in a shared network environment.
- Relevant work experience preferably as a Care Manager
- Demonstrated ability to manage large caseloads and effectively work in a fast-paced environment
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.