Our client is a rapidly growing national marketing agency primarily in the home service industry looking for an entry level Web Application Developer to join our dynamic team. In this position you will be responsible for assisting our IT Manager on internal projects and carrying them through from inception to launch as well as post live revisions using the latest web development standards.
This role will work cross-functionally with multiple departments within the company in order to understand website requirements and ensure expectations are met. To be successful in this role you will need a broad understanding of website development and have a wide knowledge of latest advancements.
This position is perfect for the recent computer science grad looking to get their foot in the door at a marketing agency. This position will provide training, coaching and development in the agency world to be able to take your collegiate skills to the next level.
The individual taking this role should be self-motivated, enthusiastic and pro-active with a positive can do attitude. Have excellent problem solving skills and be an analytical thinker.
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Python (or Ruby)
- Experience with version control systems
- Bootstrap is a major plus
Core Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to learn
- Ability to work well on an individual basis and within a team
- Able to build good relationships with teams and clients
- Analytical thinker
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication (written and verbal)
- Flexibility in approach and mind-set
- Innovative with ideas to increase effectiveness of people and processes
- Logical approach to solutions and problem-solving
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and pro-active with a positive can do attitude
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of a 4 year degree program in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience of developing software applications (academic or professional)
- Experience with RDBMSes
- Directly reports to the IT Manager and takes direction and guidance from VP of Innovation and Marketing and Senior Manager of Internet Operations
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office environment that requires normal safety precautions such as typical office or administrative work
- Job involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, and standing may be minimally required to complete tasks