The Software Developer is responsible for implementing software solutions that support our client’s short and long-term business strategies. As our client transforms into an Information Technology company that provides arbitration services, the role of the Software Developer is important in bringing the business vision to fruition via easy to use and sensible software solutions. These solutions span both web-based and business-to-business software products.
The Software Developer contributes to cost savings by designing efficient, effective, and reusable systems. Many times, the products created reduce or remove the need for operational staff for previously manual processes.
- Software Development
- Application Design
- Process Adherence/Improvement
- IT Team Support
- Bachelor’s Degree within a technical discipline, or the equivalent years of related work experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Certifications a plus
- Insurance industry experience/knowledge a plus
- Knowledge, with preference for hands on experience, of the following technologies / environments:
- Java and JEE standards including Servlets, JSP, JSTL, EJB, JMS, JAX-RS, JAX-WS
- Spring Framework, including Spring Data/Repositories
- RESTful services and Resource Oriented Architectures
- JSON, XML (including DTD and XSD), JAXB, DOM and SAX
- Agile development methodology