- Supporting executives and/or attorneys in an administrative capacity
- Successfully working in a team environment
- Extensive calendar management
- Customer service
- Apple products and software
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Prior law firm experience
- Experience in a criminal defense firm
- The Legal Secretary must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Our Legal Secretary needs to be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Since our Legal Secretary will be working with people accused of committing a crime, discretion and sensitivity regarding confidential information is a must.
- As a part of our commitment to excellence, we always strive to anticipate and serve needs in advance whenever possible. The right person will have the foresight and the ability to anticipate needs before they arise.
- We are a small office. While the duties are primarily paralegal tasks, this position does require administrative tasks, such as checking the mail, going to the post office, and, maybe even smaller tasks, like taking out the trash on occasion. The right person has a can-do attitude that is flexible in achieving wins each day, regardless of whether the tasks fit a particular job title.
- We strive for optimal productivity and constant improvement! We use technology to do this, and we are constantly exploring and adopting new tools. Since we are an Apple-based business, it is paramount that we find someone who is an Apple computer and software user. While experience with some or all of the technology platforms that we use is ideal, including Gmail, Box, etc., we are willing to train the right candidate. However, the ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is an absolute must.