PME (“Product Master Environment”) is the firm-wide provider of product (financial security) & pricing reference data, which is critical to 500+ consuming applications spanning multiple lines of business (Global Markets, Global Wealth & Investment Management, etc) from the front office (trading apps, etc) to the back office. PME is positioned within the broader Global Markets Reference Data Organization which also includes Party, Client Account and Firm Account reference data.
PME is looking to hire a senior application development manager to join the leadership team responsible for this evolving software platform. PME is evolving from a traditional JAVA/Oracle implementation to a horizontally scalable and high performance platform leveraging cutting edge technologies such as Scala and RDF.
This is a senior leadership role, which involves managing development teams located in multiple regions, while also facing off to senior management and stakeholders globally. The successful candidate will immediately be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of projects necessary to maintain the PME platform. This will include handling a significant amount of market and vendor changes, NPT remediation, Information Security vulnerabilities, LOB enhancement requests, system bug fixes and overseeing L3 support, and will also include being responsible for driving overall organization and platform strategy as a member of the PME management team. The role also includes being responsible for significant components of the organization’s existing application stack. Deep financial securities knowledge and effective communication skills are essential. Experience in reference data, and particularly as it relates to Risk and the Fixed Income business will be highly beneficial.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment
- Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as maintain corporate systems architecture
- Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications
- Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages
- Employees are expected to have in-depth global markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk
- Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers
- Coordinates resources across various applications, operations or projects
- Manages employees and makes all decisions on personnel actions including staffing, performance management and comp decision-making
- Monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly
- Typically requires 10+ years of applicable experience
- This job code is only to be used for employees supporting Global Markets
- 10+ years overall experience required
- 5+ years experience in organization/program management
- Java programming required, Scala a big plus (and will ultimately be required in this role, so candidate must be willing to learn if not already familiar)
- Strong Oracle/SQL experience required
- Financial securities knowledge and experience required
- Strong leadership skills required
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment
- Flexible, self-starter, fast-learner – willing and able to quickly learn new technologies and skills
- Experience with functional programming is a big plus
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment is required