The Lead Web Developer is responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, and testing internal and external websites and web based applications to meet the needs of the business and achieve overall company goals while being the point of contact for Web Developers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designs, develops, tests, and delivers technology solutions by translating requirements into functional user friendly websites for use by our internal and external customers
- Understands and adheres to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Completes and delivers a design specification and test plan for all development projects
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, debugs, and remedies websites and system issues in a timely manner
- Reviews and keeps up to date on all assigned tasks and projects, in line with the SDLC, until they are completed and in production
- Participates in team meetings, coaching sessions, and problem solving discussions
- Participates in peer code reviews
- Interacts with business stakeholders during business meetings
- Enforces and contributes to the development of best practices in order to improve efficiency and lower overall technical debt of our websites and systems
- Provides functional and technical support and assistance to all other technology team members
- Uses the code standards software to identify issues with code being modified to ensure weaknesses in the code are addressed
- Checks logs on a periodic basis to ensure new issues are found and fixed promptly
- Monitors application support to ensure hot issues are dealt with quickly and effectively
- Acts as mentor and point of contact for other team members
- Oversees a team of developers ensuring that they can work effectively by helping to mitigate roadblocks that occur
- Leads projects, identifies, and resolves challenges or obstacles
- Escalates any issues that cannot be solved by the team to management
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of Ten (10) years of experience in the Web Development field required
- A minimum of Five (5) years of Drupal Experience
- No supervisory experience required
This position spends the majority of the time (50% or more) achieving organization objectives, often through the coordinate achievements of subordinate staff. A portion of the time may be spent performing individual tasks related similar to those performed by direct reports, but primary duties are supervisory or organizational-goal related.
- Analyzes and resolves problems
- Determines work techniques
- Monitors for regulatory compliance
- Maintains production
- Interprets and creates policies
- Demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge
- Establishes departmental goals and objectives
- Functions with independence and makes decisions on matters of significant importance
- Manages human, financial, and/or physical resources
- Proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action
- Develops systems to ensure subordinates adhere to policies and procedures in compliance with organizational goals and objectives
License & Certifications:
- Secure Web Application Development Awareness certification
Skills & Abilities:
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others
- Analyze and resolve problems
- Maintain effective working relationships
- Interact successfully with internal and external customers
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- General knowledge of databases and data modeling
- Proficient in the PHP
- Experience in Drupal 7 and 8 (8 preferred)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Understand how to develop and implement business strategies
- Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures and manuals
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes
- Competent in public speaking
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions
- Ability to consistently demonstrate how We Love to Say YesTM by maintaining the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with team members, management, members, owners, and guests
- 10% travel required
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Hands to Fingers: Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Repetitive Motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close Vision: Clear vision at 20 inches or less, required to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading or visual inspections.
- Focus Ability: Ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a minor amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- No exposure to adverse environmental conditions (typical office/administrative setting)