To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, etc.
- Understanding of software development lifecycles and associated development techniques
- Professional experience with Java and/or JEE
- Proficient with Oracle enterprise development technologies (RDBMS, Forms, Reports, PL/SQL)
- Familiar with web development paradigms and one or more industry standard frameworks (Struts, Fuse box, etc.)
- Prior professional experience programming dynamic web applications
- Experience with web application development (any of the following: ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, ADF, ColdFusion, Ruby on Rails, Adobe Flex, Java servlets, PL/SQL web cartridge, PHP, etc.)
- Object oriented system/database design experience
- UML design experience (preferably with the IBM/Rational suite)
- Exposure to the Rational Unified Process
- Familiarity with one or more industry standard JEE frameworks (such as Spring, Struts, JSF, etc.)
- Experience with Object Relational Mapping (ORM) technology (such as Hibernate, iBatis, JDO, etc.)
- Experience with Rich Internet Application (RIA) development using AJAX or Adobe Flex
- Understanding of architectural design patterns such as DAO, Proxy, Service Manager, etc.
- Experience with change management/source control (Subversion, VSS, CVS, Harvest, etc.)
- Experience with software development in Unix and Windows environments
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related track (or equivalent industry experience)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science with a 3.0+ GPA
- 2-4 years experience in Software Development