|Provide strategic and operational leadership to the ITI (Information Technology Infrastructure) Database Technology team. The Manager of the Database Technology team is responsible for leading a team of Database Administrators, Developers and Project Contractors while providing technical expertise in the areas of database architecture, development, administration, and project management services to the enterprise. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical and managerial skills with the ability to mentor staff and oversee multiple projects at one time. The candidate should possess a passion for operational excellence and possess excellent interpersonal and soft skills.|
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Lead in the development of ITI database architectural strategies
- Serve as a liaison with IT users, IT Project Managers, department heads, etc. in understanding upcoming IT initiatives, then designing ITI database architectural structures to support those initiatives
- Oversee a team of Database Developers and Administrators and other professionals whose role is to formulate the successful delivery of ITI solutions
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming, reviewing objectives with clients, and evaluating current systems
- Develop database solutions by designing proposed system, defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
- Recommend and/or implement changes, enhancements, or process improvements to make the ITI systems operate at peak performance
- Monitor team deliverables for quality, consistency and compliance to IT service standards
- Serve as a technical resource for peers and assist in the proper development of peers through mentoring and training
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with all IT users, IT staff and any external vendors
- Develop and lead a team of professionals by:
- Hiring and retaining a qualified staff
- Establishing performance expectations
- Mentoring and coaching behaviors
- Driving results
- Establishing a vision/strategic direction
- Administering disciplinary actions
- Communicating effectively
- ITI data architectural strategies
- Project leadership
- Staff leadership and development
- ITI database solutions
Key Performance Indicators:
- Qualified and trained team of professionals
- Implementation of ITI database structures which support IT/user initiatives
- Quality ITI database strategies
- Effective project management leadership
- Design and implement ITI database solutions
- Make employment decisions and the performance evaluation of staff
- Design operational processes, measures/metrics and performance results
- Delegate job duties
- Demonstrates commitment to RTG and its customers.
- Takes personal responsibility for words and actions.
- Maintains consistency between words and actions.
- Acts in compliance with department, company, and industry standards.
- Hold self and others accountable
- Demonstrate drive to excel
- Exhibit mature self-confidence
- Achieve results
- Exhibit customer service orientation.
- Demonstrate flexibility and change, conceptual thinking and analytical thinking
- Exhibit teamwork and collaboration
- Communicate effectively
- Understand and influence others
- Communicating and influencing
- 10 years or more of relevant professional work experience in using multiple database technologies to perform database design, data maintenance, database security, database management, and requirements analysis
- Five or more (5+) years of management experience
- Experience performing as a strategic partner of an ITI Management team developing IT solutions, successful project management, and presenting technical Information to business partners
- Candidates need to have verifiable expertise with:
- MSSQL 2008 R2 or higher
- MSSQL 2008 R2 or higher analysis services
- MSSQL 2008 R2 or higher integration services
- MSSQL 2008 R2 or higher reporting services
- MSSQL 2012 availability groups for HA
- Methodology of troubleshooting performance issues using MSSQL tools
- Methods of design for MSSQL and DR management
- Project planning and management for SQL Server
- Data modeling
- Development code design using T-SQL, MDX, DAX
- Candidates should be familiar with:
- Oracle RAC, Oracle ATG or DB2 pureScale RDBMS systems
- EMC\NetApp SAN terminology and technology
- NetApp SnapManager for SQL Server
- Methods of troubleshooting database performance issues
- Working as a member of a large enterprise IT team
- LAN\WAN, IP (TCP\UDP) addressing and troubleshooting
- Operating systems (Windows, AIX)
- MS Clustering for MSSQL Server
- Mentoring others
- Time management in relation to assigned projects
|Education and Training:|
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Formal training regarding and/or advanced knowledge of logical and physical database modeling concepts and techniques
- Formal training regarding ISO9001 requirements
|Physical Demands / Working Conditions:|
- Occasional after-hours or weekend work may be required
- Employee will be responsible for critical infrastructure and will be required to be accessible via cell phone outside of normal business hours
- The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position works in an office, and the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, i.e. copier toner.
- This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.