Description and Responsibilities:
The HR Manager will be responsible for providing full human resources generalist support to the site. Such support will include recruitment and retention, HR program administration, employee and labor relations, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, coaching and counseling, and policy interpretation and application. Ideal candidate would be bilingual in Spanish and able to work off hours as needed. This facility runs 3 shifts so you might have to work off hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources or other related field.
- 5 – 7 years experience of progressive human resources department in a manufacturing environmentPHR Certification(preferred or to be obtained while in the position)
- Functional use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as HRIS & Timekeeping systems
- Specialized knowledge in several human resources disciplines, which may include compensation, benefits, recruitment, HRIS, organizational development, performance management, etc.
- Ability to appropriately maintain confidentiality & professionalism
- Sense of urgency in addressing organizational/individual needs
- Ability to make timely and informed decisions and understanding of when to escalate issues
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mobility: willingness and ability to assume similar or more advanced HR roles in other business units and/or locations preferred
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Work with functional/departmental and site leaders to ensure that internal customer requests/needs for HR services are being met in a timely and effective manner.
- Analyze, interpret, develop, and implement HR policies, programs, and procedures as appropriate.
- Identify and apply multiple recruiting strategies to ensure a timely and appropriate response to fill open positions. Minimize time to fill open requisitions while improving the fit of new hires.
- Direct interaction with functional and site leaders and employees to gain a first-hand feel for their daily responsibilities and challenges.
- Utilize expertise in diverse HR disciplines to provide comprehensive and effective HR support.
- Form solid working relationships, based on thorough knowledge of the business and HR procedures, with the functional/departmental/site leaders. Coach leaders on appropriate and proactive management techniques.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the plant culture, environment, and supporting functions.
- Manage and support a variety of employee and labor relations activities.
- Develop baseline expertise in all of the HR disciplines. Actively pursue developmental activities to accentuate personal strengths.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (EEO/AA, FMLA, ADA, etc.).