This position will ensure our clients programs meet the needs of its diverse workforce, are competitive, cost effective, and align with company values. This position will manage the administration of health and welfare budget as well as have involvement in the many wellness programs offered by the company.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the management of benefit documents, workflows and employee inquiries as it relates to employee benefits, including group health plans, and ancillary plans.
- Provide guidance to Associate Service Center on benefit plan information to employees and dependents, including, but not limited to, new hire enrollment, open enrollment, continuation of coverage information, evidence of insurability applications, death claims and government required notices and compliance documents.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of company policies, benefit plan documents and legal and regulatory updates as it relates to employee benefits and group health and welfare plans.
- Create documented procedures, policies to administer benefits Liaise and maintain appropriate relationships with benefit vendor representatives, corporate Benefits team members, internal Associate Service Center and HRIS and payroll teams, and HR Directors/VPs Ensure compliance with HIPAA, maintaining employee privacy where appropriate, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive information.
- Analyze enrollment reports and issues, performing appropriate troubleshooting actions as needed in the Businessolver.
- Manage Be Well benefit wellness initiatives including but not limited to participation in Wellness Council, creating annual wellness calendar, provide wellness/benefit content for monthly employee newsletter, plan/execute wellness challenges, health fairs, etc.
- Oversee on-site nurse location, Be Well Clinics, and Fitness centers.
- Proofread and review the content of any benefit enrollment materials, facts sheets confirmation statements and SPDs ensuring their accuracy and consistency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and assists with projects as needed.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or higher with a focus on Human Resources
- Three to four years of US Benefits experience
- Some knowledge of Canadian benefits (a plus)
- Proven track record for demonstrating effective teamwork (a must)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and planning skills, including demonstrated ability to: problem solve, communicate effectively, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Computer literacy, including all Microsoft Office applications, web-enabled HR information systems and employee self-service applications
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Strong customer service with outstanding judgment