The Human Resources Contact Center Representative is the first point of contact for the resolution of both internal and external inquiries and requests, typically via phone, internet, and e-mail, related to Human Resources Shared Services operations. The Human Resources Representative quickly analyzes customer concerns and needs, resolves and/or coordinates resolution of issues in accordance with defined time limits.
- Initiates cases, logs all interactions into a computerized call tracking system and follows issues through to completion
- Owns all cases initiated through to resolution, regardless of assistance or hand-offs
- Acts as a subject matter expert for the Human Resources PeopleSoft System
- Understands and prioritizes/assists high priority areas with the right sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a command of corporate and hospital facility processes related to Human Resources to include Compensation, HR Administration, Benefits, Employee Relations, Leave Administration and Talent Acquisition
- Routinely works with confidential information/records and exhibits the highest level of confidentiality
- Resolves most issues on his/her own including those with moderate to high complexity to include troubleshooting all Employee Self-Service (ESS)/Manager Self-Service (MSS) cases and insures the caller’s needs are met in a timely manner
- Supports a high volume of inbound customer inquiries and requests and demonstrates a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service and problem resolution
- Works with hospital Human Resource departments to analyze and resolve inquiries, system issues and Human Resource process issues
- Point of contact for all Hospital Human Resource departments and vendors related to HR Administration regarding verification of employment, concerns and follow up items from a mortgage, loan, and employment dates.
- Must work with Finance from a Payroll perspective to provide financials to respond to vendor inquiries
- Demonstrates patience and ability to remain calm under stressful situations
- Provides working knowledge support for Human Resource operations, PeopleSoft, and other non-system related issues with minimal hand-offs and escalations
- Opens cases, logs calls into a computerized call tracking system, and owns cases through resolution
- Teaches and guides employees through all required steps to create a new position and or requisition
- Understands the difference and clearly communicates to employee which is need and why
- Responsible for delivering superior customer service to employees who contact the call center
- Guides and troubleshoots employees and managers in navigating through Employee Self-Service (ESS)/Manager Self-Service (MSS) functionality.
- Ensures employee privacy where appropriate, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive client reports or information
- Maintains and builds relationships with hospital staff, as well as, other users of the PeopleSoft system
- Uses experience and functional knowledge in multiple HR disciplines to decipher what employees are asking for in order to appropriately assist or route employee to the right level 2 specialist
- Ability to translate old Destiny processes into new PeopleSoft processes and articulate the differences for employees to understand
- Escalates and follows through on cross-functional issues properly and in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years related experience required
- Two years of experience in a Contact Center, Customer Service Business Setting or Human Resources team environment required or completion of our client’s internship program
- Experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Experience in Shared Services Human Resources (Payroll, Benefits, Time & Attendance, Talent Acquisition, HRIS) services organization preferred
- Web navigational & computer skills required
- Knowledge of Human Capital Management and/or Customer Relationship Management software preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) preferred
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft strongly preferred
- Ability to type fifty or more words per minute with excellent spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral and written communications.