Provide qualitative and quantitative financial analysis to internal and external users. Responsible for developing financial models, conducting analysis to support corporate strategic initiatives, enhance internal processes, and evaluate performance. Prepare capital project modeling, projection modeling, and dynamic analytics.
- The Financial Analyst interacts with the Accountants/Analysts, FP&A Managers, DVP of FP&A, VP of Finance, CFO, Finance Managers, and various other finance personnel.
- The Financial Analyst also interacts with various people throughout the company including Department Store Executive and Management team and Outlet Store Executive and Management team, Field Management teams.
- Interaction with third parties includes independent auditors and landlords.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build strategic relationships with department store/outlet store divisions including Real Estate and Planning and Allocation teams
- Attend and present financials at meetings with divisions to review real estate activity and new store performance
- Evaluate industry and internal business trends and turn them into actionable recommendations for upper management. This includes reaching out across the business units to form partnerships and develop business strategies.
- Prepare various financial reports and analysis for senior management and help them make informed decisions by providing recommendations. This includes ad hoc reports, reports/analyses for the annual budget or forecast, and board or senior management presentations as required.
- Produce/modify top notch pro forma templates on various types of real estate activity
- Assist with the preparation of pro formas for department store/outlet store capital projects and payback analysis and maintain accurate records and tracking of pro formas
- Prepare and manage real estate database for department store/outlet store
- Analyze current store performance and partner with business to provide proactive recommendations for real estate decisions
- Prepare and help develop the department store/outlet store long range projection process
- Work with the Manager to build out the LRP process, develop analytical models and work with individuals across the organization to develop and maintain assumptions for the LRP that support strategic initiatives on real estate activity
- Work with the Manager, Finance team, and individuals across the organization to develop reports, charts, and graphs for senior management and help them make informed decisions by providing quality analysis and recommendations related to real estate activity
- Assist the FP&A department with the preparation and development of trend analysis, development of exception reporting, annual statistical report, and dynamic analytics for users across finance and the organization
- Prepare and update detailed and comprehensive policies and procedures for responsible areas, including capital projects pro formas, projections and payback analysis, and other financial reporting as developed
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data for patterns, trends, and statistical analysis
- Assist with the preparation and detailed review of the company-wide budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
General and Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Assist with the training of new hires and development of training material
- Cross train on other department duties
- Demonstrate the following culture within the Financial Planning and Analysis department: customer service, continuing process improvement, building effective working relationships with people outside the department, and personal responsibility for the integrity of all work
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance. MBA, or MBA candidate preferred
- 3-5 years of prior financial analysis experience required, retail a plus
- Ability to develop and run various financial models, analyze financial data, peer company reports, and budgets
- Understanding of the big picture view and how to identify obstacles and opportunities that impact the business
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and financial reporting including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems, general ledger structures, and internal controls
- Must be very proficient with the Microsoft Office suite (2007 or 2010), including Excel, AS400, database/data cube, Crystal Reports, MS Access, Lawson Financial Suite, and Lawson Budgeting and Planning knowledge a plus
- Must also demonstrate strong analytical and excel pivot table skills
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and manage several projects simultaneously and sometimes with only broad guidelines
- Ability to participate in group meetings
- Team player with creative problems solving approach and attention to detail
- This position requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends based on business needs