- Worker will communicate and follow through with all suppliers and logistics partners to track the production and distribution timelines of open orders to meet the limited delivery window presented while the ship is in port
- Works with appropriate parties to re-rout, or expedite deliveries of critical items
- Communicates the status of deliveries to the appropriate departments
- Assists in managing vendor relationships by tracking supplier performance to meet on-time delivery, responsiveness and support speed to market
The purpose of the position is to expedite orders to the ship. The end results are to ensure the consistent and timely delivery of products and services to the Cruise line assets. The ships are in port for only a set period of time (usually less than 11 hours) during which time all the product that is needed for the sailing must be loaded in the home port. Missing that loading opportunity could result in a key product being delayed in receipt by the requesting department by up to a week or more, dependent upon the itinerary.
- 3+ years of experience in a Sourcing and Procurement department
- Experience in a Cruise Line Sourcing department with understanding of the applicable
- Categories, including MRO and Marine Technical Operations
- AMOS experience is preferred
- Cruise line industry experience highly preferred (would be knowledgeable of AMOS system)
- 1-3 years of experience in a Sourcing and Procurement environment.
- 1-3 years of SAP experience is required.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-pace environment.
- Must have advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree