- Responsible to contact account holders with inquiry into payment of delinquent accounts
- Use strong oral communication skills to research, substantiate, reconcile and generate customer account adjustments in accordance with company policy
- Work the accounts of assigned collection files per company standards
- Make arrangements with the customer to pay the entire outstanding balance or set up the best possible arrangement
- Document all collection activity in a concise and accurate manner
- Correct any deficiencies or oversights as outlined by management during telephone monitoring or quality reviews
- Perform special projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of experience in collections and/or customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, dealers, retail stores and other corporate personnel by telephone, or through written communication; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner
- Good customer service skills with a professional and positive telephone presence
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure and compute percent, etc.
- Computer skills to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task and be highly organized