This position is responsible for all collection activity on accounts to maintain the best possible portfolio performance and customer service. This may be done with the use of a predictive dialer system as well as working manually from lists provided. This collector is responsible for complying with all federal and state laws and regulations.
Essential Functions and Tasks:
- Communicate with customers by telephone and make every effort to collect all open items on an account
- Identify account that need additional research or skip tracing to be contacted and take necessary action to ensure the account is contacted in a timely fashion
- Keep customers informed of the status of their account on every detail during every communication
- Follow training and quality models to ensure proper collection methods are used and quality customer service is provided during all calls
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to speak English
- Must have at least 2 years of recent collections experience
- Must exhibit keyboard proficiency
- Must be self-sufficient and a self-starter
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented with high level of accuracy
- Must have ability to handle multiple tasks and balance priorities
- Carry out any reasonable request by management of which the employee is capable of performing
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Schedules will vary depending on business needs, and entails working nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of departmental operating hours
- All departments are open during major holiday periods.