- This position is mostly data entry, but they will be on the phone as needed (e.g. if they need additional information from providers or other stakeholders.).
- Temporary help is required to assist the department to assist with follow-ups to providers who have been identified as having questionable data reflected in the provider directory. The Provider Directory Verification is a joint initiative between Provider Operations and DSE. Currently there are 2 FTEs allotted to this job function. A new phase of the initiative has started and there are 39K locations targeted for outreach. We anticipate at least 8K locations to be forwarded to DSE for follow up. The directory is also in scope for review for both the upcoming CMS audit and NYSDOH directory audit to happen later in the year. There is a backlog of 4,000 providers that require follow up from the last phase of directory calls conducted. These temps will be used to catch up with the backlog.
- MS Excel – pivot-tables, v-look-ups, filter, etc.
- Experience with MS Word (create effective business correspondence), Excel (create formulas and functions), Outlook or similar corporate email and calendar system
- Ability to work independently in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects while multi-tasking
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience related to network management, provider relations, sales, customer services, or healthcare
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual fluency (reading, writing, speaking) Spanish and English
- Medicare and/or Medicaid managed care
- Professional writing skills (letter writing, memo and email)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills