Supports leader(s) as direct Executive Assistant, with responsibilities including calendaring, travel arrangements, correspondence, and other administrative functions. Will professionally represent leader as requested and in all associated responsibilities. Support campus events such as town hall meetings, recognition, engagement, holiday receptions, and others. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Demonstrate integrity, compassion, balance, excellence, stewardship, and teamwork
- Manage calendar for leader(s), scheduling meetings and appointments, and coordinate travel arrangements including lodging, air/land, transportation, event registration, etc.
- Answer/screen incoming calls, taking messages and routing calls as appropriate
- Retrieve voice messages as requested
- Greet and assist visitors
- Communicate effectively and appropriately based on visitor needs and age level
- Provide administrative and secretarial support including opening and disbursing leader’s incoming/outgoing mail; completing correspondence duties including composing and editing letters, memos and other correspondence; preparing expense reports, PAVs, and supply orders; preparing and updating presentations, spreadsheets, etc.; maintaining files and records, equipment, etc.
- Schedule and organize meetings and events, both on- and off-site; order provisions as appropriate, prepare agendas and take/transcribe meeting minutes, distributing as appropriate
- May assist with budget tracking, contracts, etc.
- May serve as committee member and/or lead/supervise various work teams including other administrative staff
- May maintain division/department policies/procedures, contracts, etc.
- Will support leader(s) administratively with special requests including research, projects, and other miscellaneous duties
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with diverse populations, individually or as a team member, both in verbal and written communications
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases, using programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality, use discretion, and adhere to all corporate, legal, and regulatory guidelines, i.e. HIPAA
- Self-motivated, with flexibility to multitask and prioritize in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Resolve issues with minimal direction or guidance, as well as work independently and as a team member
- Professional attitude and conduct
- Effectively utilize office equipment including fax, copier, printer, scanner, etc.
- Meet ever-changing and multiple deadlines, managing day-to-day workflow
- Detail-oriented, with strong proofreading and editing skills
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
- Basic accounting, legal and/or contract administration knowledge
- Organization support system
Education and Experience Required:
- Two to four years minimum experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant, Secretary, or other higher level administrative/office support role
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Associate degree in secretarial sciences or business, and two years executive office/secretarial work experience
- Event planning/coordination experience
License or Registration Preferred:
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)