The client has an immediate opening for a Manager of Network Services. This position is based in Orlando, reports to the Director of IT Operations and directly supervises and manages a six member technical team comprised of network and security system engineers.
The Manager of Network Services oversees day-to-day activities within the network operations department and manages all activities related to the daily operations of the information systems network, ensuring the reliability and stability of the computer and phone network, as well as the disaster recovery network. The successful candidate will participate in strategic planning, budgeting and be responsible for project management and supervision of both exempt and non-exempt staff within their area of responsibility. The incumbent will manage the development and acquisition of new technologies and tools to improve the internal operations, and be accountable for the performance of both staff and mission.
This hands-on technical position requires strong technical experience and skills across a broad spectrum of disciplines ranging from Active Directory, Exchange, VMWare, SCCM, storage, networking, VoIP telephony and security infrastructure in a 100% virtualized, primarily Windows Server environment. Specific and detailed expertise in one or more of the above is essential.
The ideal candidate possesses the demonstrated ability to lead by example with technical proficiency and a strong sense of professionalism and initiative. Prior formal management experience is highly desirable, and the candidate’s experience must include leading or substantially contributing to the leadership of technical teams. The firm promotes teamwork and collaboration while encouraging professional development. This position interacts with attorneys and other professionals and requires excellent communication and collaboration skills along with the ability to build trusting relationships across a diverse workforce.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, and proven multi-tasking skills with the ability to shift priorities while effectively keeping track of deadlines is also required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent certifications acquired through coursework or experience
- 7+ years of related work experience with at least 3 years in progressive leadership positions
- Experience with high-availability IT infrastructure and enterprise applications, and experience with process improvement and workflow development
- Experience with AWS, Azure, O365 and/or other cloud platforms is highly desirable.
- Excellent project management skills are required, as well as proven ability to manage and foster a team-oriented environment.